Chapter 6

I pulled my knees against my chest and wrapped my arms around them. Jasper brought my purse to me and sat it down on our couch. I sighed and buried my face in my knees.
Why was this happening to me? Why did everything have to go from perfect to imperfect just like that? All I wanted was to marry Jasper and have a great life with him. With no Volturi. And with no Jacob to bother us.
   "I'm sorry Avery". Jasper apologized interrupting my thoughts. I lifted my head from my knees and kissed him. He kissed me back. "Jasper-"
   "My love for you brought you into this mess and I'm so sorry for it". He pleaded. I brought my hands to his cheeks.
   "Jasper I love you and that will never change. And yeah I'm scared about why the Volturi want to see me, but I know that we can get though this together". I stated firm. He smiled and kissed me.
   "How did I deserve such an amazing fiancé?" Blushing I looked away. He was such a flirt.
   "I should be asking you the same question". I replied leaning in to kiss him.
  "So what did Carlisle say on the phone?"
I asked him. He sighed.
   "He said we leave tomorrow".
   "I'll have to tell Charlie something". I said looking up at. He grinned. "Already been taken cared of".
I raised an eyebrow at him. "Okay...what did you tell him?"
   "You and Bella are going on a sister vacation for a week. He was actually happy to hear that you two were spending some time together". I sighed.
   "Little does he know that I'm not". He laughed and kissed me. The he pulled away.
   "I need to go discuss the details with Carlisle". I nodded. "I love you". I said.
He kissed me again. "I love you too". Jasper said as he walked out of the house. Leaving me alone once more in our small cottage.

~~~~

Getting on the plane the next day and leaving Forks left me with uneasy thoughts. The last time I had left I never came back. I had gone to visit Charlie when I was ten, but that was the last time. It had been eight whole years since I had visited and now I was leaving again.
   "Is everything alright Avery?" Snapping out of my thoughts I glanced up at Alice.
   "I'm nervous". I barely got out as Jasper reached for my hand.
   "Everything will be fine. You have me, Jasper, Edward and your sister Bella to protect you". Alice reminded me. I let out a breath and looked from her to Jasper.
   "Alice is right. I'll protect you no matter what". He kissed my forehead as I drifted off.

The Volturi chapter is coming soon....