Chapter 14

"Dad I'm home". I said entering the house. I hung up my jacket and placed my keys on the table. Then I went straight upstairs. As I neared my room I saw that my door was wide open. I went inside and noticed that my picture of me and Jasper was lying on the floor broken.
  "Hello Avery". I dropped the picture and stood up. I cupped my hands over my mouth and gasped.
  "Surprised to see me? I thought you got my message".
  "W-what are you doing here Josh?" I shouted at him. He walked over to me and I noticed that his eyes were bright red. No. It couldn't be. He was a vampire.
  "I see that you noticed my eyes. Beautiful aren't they". I stepped back from him. They were not beautiful. They were the eyes of a killer. A monster.
  "Why are you here Josh?" I questioned him as I crossed my arms over my chest. He grinned and reached for me. I pulled away.
  "To see you of course. Why when I found out from your mom that you were in Forks I decided that I just had to come see my girl". I growled at him.
  "I'm not your girl anymore". I snapped at him. He shook his head. "One vampire guy isn't going to stop me from taking you back".
   "He's not just some vampire guy!". He shouted at him. "He's my fiancé".
  "Well not for long". He grinned.
I stepped towards him staring up into his red glowing eyes. "Don't you dare hurt him or I'll have to hurt you!" He laughed.
   "Sweetheart your a wimpy human and I'm a powerful creature of darkness. Don't make threats that you can't keep". He chuckled.
   "Just leave me alone Josh. We're over and done. I've moved on and I'm happy now". I shouted at him. He advanced forward grabbing my wrist.
   "Never. I'll have you as my girl once again. And no wimpy vampire of yours is going to change that". He growled jumping out of my window. I couldn't even begin to wrap my head around this! Everything was going to shit right before my very eyes. At this rate me and Jasper's wedding was never going to happen. I needed to hear from Jacob so I called him up.
"Hello?"
~
"Jake..."
~
"Avery oh my goodness are you okay? You sound so shaken u....what happened??"
~
"H-he came here Jacob. He wants me back and....
~
"What else?"
Silence. I couldn't utter the last part.
"Avery answer me please!"
~
"He's a vampire Jacob. Josh is a vampire".
       After my conversation with Jacob I knew that I had to tell Jasper what Josh was. So I got into my new car that Jasper bought me and I drove back to their house. I found Jasper and he could see the angry and sadness upon my face as I sat down on the couch. He sat down next to me and wrapped his arm around me. "What's wrong Avery?" Bella asked me as she came closer to us.
  "It's Josh". I gulped. Edward put his hand on his wife's waist.
   "What about your ex?" He questioned me. I sighed.
   "He found me. He came to Charlie's while I was there and..." I felt Jasper tense. He was upset and angered by what had happened. I could sense that he was unhappy about Josh being back.
  "And what Avery?" Bella asked concerned.
  "H-he's a vampire". All the Cullen's in the room looked over at me to continue. "And he has red eyes. Not golden". I added. Jasper kissed my forehead and looked over at Emmett and Rosalie.
  "Great". Rose muttered under breath. I knew that she was not happy about another complication and another human to protect.
  "If he tries to lay a hand on you I'll kick his ass". Emmett grinned. I tried to smile at him.
  "What did he say to you Avery?" Alice asked laying a hand on my shoulder. I sighed.
  "He didn't care that Jasper was my fiancé. He made it very clear that I was going to be his again". I explained to them. Bella sighed and looked up at his husband. He nodded his head.
  "Like hell he is". Jasper growled. I placed my hand on his chest to try to calm him down. He glanced over at me and nodded his head. I was glad that my touch calmed him. I hated seeing him so angered.
  "Jasper please". Alice said. "We need to stay calm for Avery's sake".
  "I don't have anything really left at Charlie's so I'm just going to stay here for now". I said. I knew that I had moved in with Jasper, but I loved being at Charlie's. It was just so warm and familiar there. But now with what had happened I knew that finally staying with Jasper was the best idea. He was my fiancé and mate after all.
  "Charlie will be alright Avery. Bella and I will watch over him". Edward said. I smiled up at him. He truly was a good match for my sister. They were a great couple.
    "And Jake is still in Florida with mom so he'll protect her". Bella added.
   "Thank you both". I thanked them.
   "No need to thank us Red, your family". Emmett grinned pulling me into a bear hug. I rolled my eyes at him.
   "Emmett you can put me down...". He sat me down, but not before he twirled me around in his arms.