Time to grow up

Hey guys, sorry I'm not posting the stories I let you chose from on my One-Shot book, that's because I just had this really good idea and I didn't want it to slip, don't worry though, another book may be published next week around Wednesday <3 

_________________________________________

Lucy had never wanted much, she was a simple girl trying to live a simple life.. Well as simple as it gets anyway, you see, her father is the owner of Heartfilia railways and because of this, she is treated like royalty because her fathers high status.

She never really wanted anything like that though, her heart yearned for adventure, to travel the countryside by herself or with someone but she didn't have that someone to whisk her away. Being home-schooled for fifteen years isn't the best way to make friends.

The blonde was currently sitting on her double bed, sketching and humming, drawing and reading were the two things that kept her sane in the large mansion her father owned, ever since her mother died of a heart-attack three years ago, she had nobody to keep her company, so this was the only way to have fun.

"Miss Lucy?" A voice came from the other side of her large white door, Lucy knew who it was, her maid Aries "Your father has requested to see you in the board room, he says it's important."

Rolling her eyes, Lucy stood up and opened the door, making the pinkette flinch "Thank you Aries, you're dismissed."

The girl bowed and scurried off down the hall to whatever duty she had next.

On the way to her father, Lucy was smiling to herself, she knew what her father was going to say "I have invited some gentlemen to come over for dinner, pick one to be your husband." She snorted at her own impression and shaken her head, still giggling.

She reached the large door and knocked, hearing a yes, she stepped inside and seen her father, sitting with two other men, both of them looking grotesque.

They all looked at her as she taken a seat, her father was the first to speak "Good afternoon Lucile, do you have an idea why I've brought you here?"

"I have a good idea." She looked at the men again and sighed "Please father, do you even try anymore?" She held back a laugh and he just stared into her eyes, a serious glare was being sent her way indeed.

Jude stood up and opened the door "Excuse me gentlemen, me and my daughter need to discuss something privately."

Ignoring her fathers tone, Lucy stared blankly at the chair her father sat in until he moved in front of her, making her eyes travel up to his dark ones, they really had no colour. Just nothingness.

"Lucy, listen to me. For many years now, I have been letting you chose who to wed and so far, you have gave me nothing but trouble, do you know how old I am?" He said sternly sitting directly in front of her instead of sitting half-way across the room.

Lucy scrunched her face up "Forty-seven next March." She replied "What has that got to do with anything?"

"In ten years, I want to retire and can you guess what I want?" Before she even opened her mouth, he started talking again "Grandchildren and for you to have a husband to takeover the company in ten years."

She knew all this, why was he telling her? "Father I'm confused."

"Well the men out there are a wealthy family living on the outskirts of Magnolia, they are willing to pay money for a railway to be built from the inner city to the country-side to transport goods from his factory to his shop." He avoided eye contact with her and sighed "I'm sorry Lucy but its time to grow up and get married, this time you won't have a choice, you'll marry Lord Everlue.

With a grossed out face she shaken her head and stood up "Don't be ridiculous father, it's twenty-sixteen, forced marriage is illegal. I won't stand for this!"

"Then sit down and listen!" His voice boomed, she didn't listen to his demand but continued standing "You will tell the press a backstory about some romance rubbish and if you disobey, I swear on your mothers grave that you will be severely punished!"

Her eyes widened at his words and she walked towards the door "I'll get back to you in twenty-four hours, you pitiful man." She spat before swinging the door open and aggressively stomped back up stairs, only letting her tears fall once she had ran passed the two men sitting outside the office.