Pre-Escape

She would not and could not let that man control her life any longer, she was eighteen and didn't need an old man to tell her what to do, he may be the man that helped raise her but he was certainly no father now.

Shortly after she had made her way to her room, Lucy had heard her father outside the door and he walked in without even knocking.

"Lucy listen." He said, a little bit softer then before "I'm sorry for mentioning- For mentioning your mother, I know the bond between you two was stronger then mine and yours but you can't keep living in the past."

Lucy sniffled and stared into Jude's eyes "I don't want to marry Lord Everpoo."

"Everlue." He corrected.

She rolled her eyes for the umpteenth time and sighed "Why can't I just find somebody I love and marry them? You and mother did, you both turned out perfectly fine." 

"It's the way things are, me and your mother both came from respectable families, knowing you, you'd chose a young man that can cause only trouble." He said sounding more aggressive each word.

Her mouth hung open for a second before crossing her arms and avoiding his eyes "Mother would let me go out into the world and actually love me." 

Silence filled the room and he stared at her, Lucy's gaze went to him again and he raised his hand and slapped her "Don't you ever say that again Lucile, I have always cared about you, I gave you everything!"

Whimpering and holding her cheek, she glared at him "Get out." 

"What was that?" He growled.

"I said 'get out!' You stupid old man!" She screamed, salty tears running down her red cheek, he tsk'ed and turned around on his heel.

"You will marry Lord Everlue and that is final." He said before slamming the door.

Sitting for a few seconds, Lucy went over the days events that led up to now but she wouldn't change a thing, as long as she would eventually marry a man that loved her for her, she was fine with whatever was thrown at her. Even if it was in the form of her fathers hand.

Lucy looked towards the wardrobe where her clothes and suitcase was and she shaken her head "Can't run away."

But a voice at the back of her head was muttering a plan "So if I get a small bag, I can steal money from fathers office  at 3AM when the guards take a break I can make a run for it." She said not even realising it.

The blonde cracked her knuckles and smiled "Better pack now."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was now 3AM, this is when things were going to be difficult, she knew the pass-code for the safe, in case of emergencies of course but not not knowing where to head to after was a scary thing.

Her brown eyes scanned the corridor and seen the guards head down the hallway and disappear into a room, they won't be out for an hour at most.

Going the opposite direction, she ran to her fathers office and soon she stood outside the doors.

"Okay." She breathed " I can do this." She twisted the door knob and it opened with a creak making her cringe.

She looked around and smiled knowing nobody had noticed.

Now feeling more confident, she stepped inside and frowned, it was freezing.

Her eyes landed on the painting and she swiftly made her way over, she felt like all of this was going fairly well.

Once at the painting, she taken it off the wall and stared at the safe embedded in the wall, her fingers shakily pressed in '5687' and it opened revealing over a million pounds.

"Just a thousand will do." She grabbed twenty, fifty pound notes and stuffed it in her pocket.

Closing the safe and hanging the painting, she made her way out and closed the door, in and out in ten minutes, that's what she was aiming for.

Lucy went back into her room and sighed, her heart still rushing from what she just did, this was insane but if it meant happiness, she had to do it.