Being With Natsu

After the meal, Lucy was stuffed, she was un-sure if she could ever eat again, Natsu on the other hand, was completely fine and was begging Erza for another dish since he was 'being good.'

She just rolled her eyes and spoke to Lucy.

"So, you say you ran away from your father, Jude Heartfilia right?" She said crossing her arms

Lucy nodded and sipped her water "Yeah, a six hour bus drive from the mansion got me here." 

Natsu lifted his head and grinned "Want to go on that tour now instead of tomorrow? I'm the best at giving them." He paused and stared at the floor "Actually you're the first one I'll be giving a tour so you gotta give me a score outta ten."

"Okay then, when shall we leave?" Before he could answer, he was dragging her out of the bar and was sitting her in the passenger seat of an old pick-up truck.

Lucy looked around and noticed it must be at least ten years old, soon after she got her seat belt on, Natsu hopped in and stuck in a CD.

"I wanna show you a band, my friends say they're not good but I beg to differ." He said and she nodded.

After a second of silence, Lucy recognised the song immediately and grinned ear to ear "These guys are my favourite!"

Natsu's mouth was agape and he grasped her hand and squeezed them "Where have you been all my life?"

She giggled and he let go of her hand to start the car "First I'll show you around the shops, there aren't many but some are really really cool."

"I'll take your word for it." She answered relaxing into the surprisingly soft seats.

They eventually arrived in a small place surrounded by shops and a few restaurants, it was like a mini village converted into the modern shops.

"This is the main shopping area, it ain't great but it's alright." He said parking "Wanna have a look around?"

"Yeah, it looks pretty cool, I can buy us some hot chocolate from a cafe or something, get to know eachother better." She said blushing.

Natsu raised his pink eyebrows and smirked opening his door "Lucy, are you tryna flirt?"

She opened the door and stepped out, trying to control the inevitable blush covering her cheeks, his words caused her to pout and puff her cheeks out too.

"I'm not trying to flirt, I'm just being kind." She walked around and met him on the other side and started following "If I wanted to flirt, I could probably win your heart."

He stopped and put his hands in his pockets and smiled "You're very confident Luce, why is that? I could be a mass murderer yet you're trusting me."

The thought hadn't crossed her mind at all, he could really be a murderer yet here she was climbing into his car and all "I think I'll just trust you."

"Well thank you Lucy, we'll just see what happens." He replied "Wanna go to the-"

"Bookstore!" Lucy exclaimed running inside.

He face palmed and followed her inside "I was gonna say the game store but whatever floats your boat." He laughed following her over to the romance section.

"This book looks good, oh and this one and this one!" She giggled picking them up.

Natsu picked them up and placed it at a near by table "Do you even have a place to stay here?"

She stopped and sighed, obviously coming down from her book high "No, but Erza said I can stay with her tonight."

"That's temporary though." He said "I have a friend,  his name is Freed, he is a total book nerd, I think you'll like him."

Lucy shaken her head "I'll jut find a hotel or something, as I said, I won't stay here longer then a month."

"Oh okay."

Now feeling slightly down from her words, he walked outside of the book store and leant up against a wall but he didn't have to wait long because she came out with a guilt-stricken face.

"I'm sorry for what I said a second ago, I'm just not used to all this kindness." She bowed and he held her shoulders.

"It's fine Lucy, how about we go grab a hot chocolate and continue this tomorrow like we said, I'm sure you're tired from your trip and the massive burger." He grabbed her hand without her answering and she just followed.

They both sat in the car with hot chocolates the got on the way back and he put the album on again "Thank you Natsu." She muttered looking at him "If it doesn't bother you, I'd like to see you again after tomorrow."

There was silence between them and then he grinned ruffling her hair "Of course, I ain't that easy to get rid of."