Some Things

The events at the wedding were headlining all over the county within the next few days and the future for the Heartfilia company was brought out from underneath Jude from the Everlue company who Lucy had thanked profusely.

Levy had introduced herself and Gajeel to Lucy and the two learned they both had a love for literature and they quickly found a friendship from that.

But something was bugging Lucy, Natsu had been distant, like he viewed her differently, it made her heart ache and she couldn't bring herself to ask him why.

"Lucy, do you want to go back to Fiore?" Erza asked holding the blondes shoulder "Gray is taking your father to court in the next week and I guess you want to testify?"

The blonde shaken her head and frowned "I don't want my father to get hurt but," She trailed off "I'll do it, he needs to pay for what he put me through."

Erza nodded and went over to Juvia and Gray who had discovered they were to have a baby, who knew that amongst all this chaos a miracle was to happen.

"It's amazing isn't it?" Natsu's voice sounded from beside her, effectively startling her "That bastard is having a kid, has a job and a wife and he's like two years older then me." He chuckled "I feel like such a failure."

Lucy frowned and turned to him on the hotel bed "Listen to me," He nodded as she placed his forehead on hers "You are not a failure, give it a few years and you will have a kid and a wife who loves you so much she'll never leave, I promise."

He gulped wanting to say something but they were interrupted but Gajeel.

"Ehem, sorry to get in the way but we're leaving now." Gajeel grinned throwing Natsu's bag to him.

The pair quickly separated and were blushing like two teens caught making out and soon they were on the road back to the place they called home even though on the way, Levy and Gajeel had went their separate ways from the group though.

Driving home was mostly silent, the last few days had went by in a blur and Lucy wasn't sure what to do when she got back to Natsu's, maybe use the money she had got off her father's lawyers to buy a flat or apartment. She didn't want to cause Natsu any more trouble.

"Luce, we're home." He said opening the rusted door of his pick-up truck.

She got out the car and used the spare key she found three weeks ago to open the door "You're home, I'm just a guest." She said walking upstairs "I'm buying an apartment near my old mansion, I don't want to trouble you anymore."

Natsu stared at her as she quietly went upstairs, she wasn't acting like Lucy.

He crept upstairs and heard her on the phone to someone, he could only slightly hear but it sounded she was talking to someone about saving her an apartment and she thanked someone called 'Capricorn' before hanging up.

She walked out and nearly jumped out of her skin when she seen him standing outside of the door "What're you doing?" She glared.

"I think I should be asking you the same thing." He growled, he didn't know what he was doing in all honesty, he was acting off instinct "What do you think you're doing."

Lucy looked down at both of their feet and stepped back into the doorway "I'm going to move away Natsu, I've caused you so much trouble," She dug in her pockets and handed him two rings "When you find the right girl, give her these."

She brushed passed him making him angry "Do you not realise that you're the one I want? I didn't save your ass for nothin' Luce!"

The girl still ignored him and they both heard a honk outside to which she ran out the house, he followed her quickly and noticed in the passenger seat of a black car, she was crying and hugging a man who had white hair and a white beard.

He watched as mouthed the words 'Goodbye, I love you' to him before she sped away.