Late Night Drives

A few days after Lucy left, some men had knocked on his door and said they were taking Lucy's clothes but when he looked behind them, she wasn't there much to his disappointment but he let them passed, not wanting to cause any trouble for her.

Even after a few years had passed and he kept the rings she gave him, she was all over the news the first few weeks, she had ended up testifying against her father and earned another large sum of  money while he was locked away for six months, nobody knows where he is now though.

"Dadda! Dadda!" Natsu heard Gray grunt and turn to his child, her name was Sylvia, she had dark blue hair and grey eyes "I want a cookie!"

Gray bent down to his child and put her on his lap "Mama is out shopping, I'm sure she'll come back with loads, I'm also sure Gajeel and Levy are visiting so be quiet okay?"

"Will Gale be there?" She smiled, her eyes lighting up.

Gray stiffly nodded making Natsu laugh "She's in love."

"Natsu she is three dude." The raven-haired man cringed "Why don't you go and find a girlfriend or something."

The pinkette frowned and stared at the ring on his finger "Nope, I'm waiting."

"What're you waiting for?" Sylvia asked "Is it a princess?" She beamed pulling at his scarf.

He nodded and picked her up "Do you remember her name?" He asked and she toothily smiled again.

"Lucy Lucy!"

Gray taken her from his grasp and Natsu pouted standing up "I'm going for a drive man, see you later."

The father nodded as his daughter waved aggressively towards Natsu.

Nothing else was spoken as Natsu got into his car and turned the radio on, it was playing a song he'd long forgotten by James Arthur and he didn't take any notice when it started, he just drove.

He'd lost track of the time but when he regained mental consciousness, it was dark and he was on a dirt path by the high-way.

Only a few luminous street-lamps lit the way but he knew this route like the back of his hand.

It was like a hobby to him. Ever since Lucy disappeared, he'd been going out on drives, hoping she'd be walking around.

He checked the time and seen it was nine at night and decided it was time to head home, Happy was probably dying of starvation by now and would be expecting fish.

When Natsu got home, he stared at his hand that was gripping the steering wheel, he was wearing the rings.

"I should probably take these off." He muttered but.. It felt so wrong, like taking them off would mean she was never there but she was and he needed to know all of this was in fact not a dream.

She needed to be remembered.