Chapter 6

Isabel's POV:

He gave me a promise ring! Oh my god, can you believe it? I can't, I was always dreaming of this moment, the moment he'll ask me out and give me a promise ring.

Yesterday was probably my second best day ever, the first will be the day the love of my life, Aiden, will ask me to take his last name, I am sure that I will be over the seventh cloud.

I am so bored. Maybe I can call Aviana and we can hangout for a while.

I took my phone and dialed her number.

"Hey bestie, were are you? It's been ages since I saw you last time. You have a lot of explanation to do," she spilled after the first ring directly.

"Hey, nice to hear your voice again too, meet me at the mall, I'm dying to have a girly day," I said sarcastically and she giggled.

"Aha, meet you beside Starbuck." then she hung up. I shrugged and went to my room.

I took a cold and comfortable shower, dressed up in my red shirt with half sleeves and a short jeans reaching my knees, put no makeup, grabbed my keys, then went to my rang rover car, and to the mall.

I don't say that we are poor, and not too much wealthy, but we can afford our necessary thing and more.

My parents rarely come home, I mean really rarely like once in a one or two months. I am the only child. Living alone with my two old maids in the big mansion. I can't deny that most of the times I feel scared and have no solution except going under the covers and pray that no one will hunt me. Especially in the rainy days, I have a very big fear from the thunder. From the night back there when he left broken.

As I reached the mall, I parked in the parking lot and head towards Starbucks.

Suddenly I felt a pair of arms around my neck. I was about to speak but the hands came toward my mouth and grabbed me with them to the corner.

"Don't move, star, it's me." I froze. It was him, I don't believe, it's him. He used to call me star.

I remembered directly my past with him. The days he would hit me and keep on beating the hell out of me, then say sorry, he used to say sorry daily, because the beating was everyday, he thought that I was his, he thought that he had the right to treat me as he wants.

It was my parents fault they left me with him and his family for a whole month when I was thirteen. He threatened to make Aiden's life miserable if I tell my parents or the cops, so I kept my mouth shut.

I decided to keep it my little secret that no one knows except me and ofcourse Aviana, how can I not tell her. She's my best friend since elementary school.

Last year when I was seventeen years old he came to my mansion and asked my forgiveness, I forgave him but in case he will never show up again in my life again, but here he is today surprising me.

"Dillon, leave me I hate you leave me, I swear I will-,"

"Shut up Isabel, I will not hurt you. Only I want to tell you something, keep calm," he told me while removing his hand from my mouth.

"There's nothing to talk about, we will never get back together, I'm already taken," I snapped at him raising my left hand infront of his face.

"It's for your benefit, Isabel,"

"You have five minutes," I tried to calm down.

"Look Isabel, I know that I was the worst person ever to you, and luckily you forgave me. I'm not willing to be anything with you, I just want to be your friend. Please hear me out, you know River? Aiden's friend?" I nodded I remember once I saw him at a party. "Well he is my friend too, remember the day you went hiking with Aiden?" I nodded. "The day before, I was hanging out with River, when Aiden called him, he told him that he need him to play the roll of the fast driver, and Aiden will be the lover that sacrifices his life to help his girl. So stay away from Aiden, for your own sake."

I shook my head to him, how dare he talk like this about my to be husband, how dare he.

"Look, I love him, he loves me, we will get married soon. I trust him, he trust me, he can't do anything like this to me. Yes, we can be friends, hangout and all. I believe you changed to better, but in one case, you will never mention infront of me anything about him. Deal?"

He smiled sheepishly.

"Deal." He hugged me a friendly hug.

Then he let go of me and I head towards Aviana. I'm sure she can help me a lot.

***Authors note***

Thank you for reading
If you like the story please vote, comment, and share

~Sahar Dirani~