Chapter 8

Aiden's POV:

I was shocked from what she said. No way on earth she can know that I am only using her, after I went back home that day, I directly rang River and I made sure nobody knows, I told him that if he tells anyone our friendship that was from when we were kids will end right there.

It's been a two months since that accident, the plan is working perfectly, I was acting so in love with her thank for my mom, she forced me back then to enter an acting club. I really do miss my parents although it's been long ago. Tomorrow is their anniversary and I will surely go.

When Isabel knew about it a week ago she said that when they died she wasn't able to stop her tears, or sleep. She was wanting to comfort me, to hold me in her tiny arms. I was back then deeply and truly in love with her. I was an idiot.

I still remember when we first met, we were kids, I was older than her, but we saw each other in the spare time and recess. Once I stole her Barbie and threatened her to come to my eighth birthday party, so I will give it to her back. She was in love with her Barbie so she came. From that time we started meeting in the park, in the school, and in our friend's parties.

She insists on going with me tomorrow. What can I do? I accepted.

The next day

I woke up upset as usual in this date exactly. Took a shower, changed into a black suit and headed to Isabel's place.

"Hey Aiden, why are you upset lighten up, smile," I didn't reply, what does she think she's doing by trying to be over smart?
"AIDEN-,"

"What do you want me to do? Smile? Or laugh at my parent's anniversary?" I snapped at her, she shut her mouth and followed me to the car, I didn't open her door, so maybe she  would sense and smell my anger.

We arrived to their grave, all the good and bad memories started flooding into my mind. I remember my mother, when she used to make me the peanut butter sandwiches daily for school. My dad when he used to come from work and play with me although he was tired, and read me a story before I sleep. How I miss these days.

I was crying and so was Isabel, my parents weren't once mean  to her, opposite of her parents. They always wished her the best, they were always wishing that she will be the daughter they never had, their daughter in law. They were always wanting me to marry her when I'm an adult.

Dear mom and dad, your wish will come true, I will marry her. But I'm scared in not the way you want.

"Isabel, babygirl, I'm sorry I didn't mean it, I was only upset because they are dead, forgive me."

She didn't reply instead she hugged me and I hugged her back tightly.

"Don't be silly." she said while sobbing into my chest.

Author's note:
Sorry for the small and meaningless chapter, the next chapter is the proposal :).
Thank you for reading.
Please vote, comment, and share.
~ Sahar Dirani