Chapter 19

Isabel's POV:

I still have an hour to get ready for my date with River, I seriously forgot about the date. I went to my walk in closet and chose a yellow flowered dress with sandal and let my combed hair down.

After sometime someone knocked on my door, I opened it and it was River.

"Hey," he said then kissed my cheeks.

"Hey, so we go now?" I asked.

"Yeah come on,"he led us to the car.

"So, where are we going to River?" I asked him, trying to break the silence that I hate.

"Umm, I guess to a random restaurant to have lunch then to the beach to have a talk," he said not looking at me, his eyes fixed on the road still.

"Okayy, you seem serious, shall I get scared?"

"Maybe." He asked anmd I smiled.

Ten minutes later, we reached the restaurant and took a table there, we ordered KFC and barely talked.

It is the most uncomfortable go out I have ever been in since I started knowing him.

I know that something is wrong with him and he isn't telling me, wait wait River the beach it is.

"I finished you ready to go to the beach now?" He asked me.

"Yeah, let's go," I stood up and we went to the beach, also no words were exchanged in our way there.

We reached and went towards the sand standing beside each other.

"I think we should stop hanging out with each other and move on,"he told me.

I felt somehow hurt, imagine it, the one you consider as your best friend wants to leave you.

"What?"

"I think we should stop whatever we have, it's not like we have anything, you're married Isabel, you have a daughter. Not like it's your lose it's mine, I'm in love with you, but you like me, I want to be your future husband, but you don't want to divorce him. I want to be Ella's father, but you told her about her real dad",

"Who told you that I told her?"

"Come on Isabel, you know Aiden is my best friend, I know everything about him, he knows everything about me except you, he knows I'm in love, he knows she likes me only, he knows everything, but he doen't know who this girl is, he doen't know that she is his love,"

"I'm seeking a divorce with him, I'll take it to court if he doen't want to, and I'll win. He told Ella when he caught me at the party and the nanny came and said that Ella's leg is hurt. You can't leave me like he did, I trust you, I'll learn how to love you River, I will,"

We stayed silent for some time then he hugged me and mumbled a sorry and how beautiful I am tonight.

Hurt is all I felt, first my husband leaving me then my best friend, I guess I have a tag on my head saying leave me.

***Authors note***

Thank you for reading.
Please vote, comment, and share.

~Sahar Dirani