Chapter 22

Aiden's POV:

"I know Isabel, I hate myself daily for that. I hate who I am. I wish I died with my parents back then."I meant it.

"No, don't talk like that, I can not bare losing you forever," she held my shirt tightly, I could feel it getting wet.

"As much as I hate the thought but you would have found someone that would love younever hurt you,"

"No." she whispered. I looked downh at her to find her sleeping peacefully, this would have been how I spend my everynight if only I left that stupid idea. I tightened my grip on her not believing that this moment happened.

"Can I come daddy?" I looked at the door to see Ella holding her teddy bear in her tiny arms.

I motioned to her to come over, she came and put her head beside her mother's on my chest, I pulled the blanket over us and wished evey night would be like this.

"Can we always sleep like this daddy? You, me, and mommy?" she asked me in a whisper not to wake up her mother.

"I promise you baby, just give me sometime." she smiled and went to sleep.

how precious are they.

I stayed there up for hours just looking at them, I sensed Isabel waking up, I closed my eyes directly pretending to be asleep. She straightened up looked at us I think.

She caressed my cheek with her hand then put her head back wanting to continue her sleep. I know you still feel something towards me Isabel, I swear I will do everything until you forgive me. I kiss her forehead and tried to sleep.

The next day

I woke up early and left because I knew Isabel will do a problem for me if she saw me.

I went directly and opened a case, after yesterday I'm never willing to lose any more time, if it will take wanting custody of my daughter to get my family together I'll do it.

"Hi sweetheart, I'll not make it long on you, since you won't understand that I want you, Ella, and me to be a real family together I went to court to take custody of Ella, maybe then you'll come also. Better find yourself a good lawyer. Make sure he or she whatever be a good one since mine is too good and I'm winning from now I can tell," I said after the first ring.

"Two can play the game Aiden, make sure that our divorce will be in this court too," She replied.

"We'll see." She hung up.

I remember my childhood friend Tessa, that became a lawyer now, I'll call her and she'll help.

"Hey Tess, I need you to help me in a case I have please meet me after an hour at the restaurant under your office and we'll talk?"

"Hello, yes, I will help you," she hung up.

What's up with people hanging up on me today?

I called a nanny to stay with Ella for the time I'll return and went to the restaurant.

After some minutes enters Tessa.

"Hey Aiden long time no see, how are you?"

"Hey, I'm good thanks. Let's talk about it directly I don't have much time,"

"Umm okay, what's your case?" She asked.

"You remember I'm married now right?" She nodded. "Three years back I left her in the first day after our wedding, when we were kids we were lovers, she denied her love for me infront of her mother, I left her. Then I planned to marry her and leave, after that I realized that I love her. Now she want to divorce and I don't want to, I love her. I opened this case to get custody of my daughter,"

"Well, we need some reasons to let her stay and you to win,"

"One, I love her. Two, she rejected me and I was a kid so I believed and wanted a revenge. Without mentioning she had my daughter and never told me," I said.

"I'll work on it,"

"Thank you,"

"No need."

I got you Isabel William.

***Authors note***

 Thank you for reading.
Please vote, comment, and share.

~Sahar Dirani