1: Save me, Please.

^^A Lich, not to be confused with a Witch^^

Lich are nigh-immortal sorcerers that gain power through Runes and Circle/Glyphs, but not spells and Potions. Witches use Runes and Circle/Glyphs, and Spells and Potions.

But, because of their variety, their potency is limited, and they are decidedly weaker. A Master Lich and a Master Witch Fighting would end up with the Witch losing, in a battle of raw power, though the witch could very well win through ingenuity. Tadah.

---

Then he turned his gaze down at the girl, and hummed. "So you're my new master. Yay." He snorted sarcastically.

--- Greta's POV ---

I blinked at the gigantic demon over me, and sighed inwardly. "So... you're here to take me to hell?" I asked.

He blinked slowly. "If you want... but I am here to serve you for the rest of your mortal life... give me an order, and if it is within my power, I'll make it happen." He grunted.

I looked around, and nodded. "Can you prove my innocence to them, register me as a mage so I'm not an apostate, and make them stop trying to execute me?"

He slowly blinked again, (I was starting to think that's just how his eyes worked,) and then he nodded. "I can."

I waited... then asked "please do?"

He shrugged. "Whatever." He tried to move, and couldn't step out of the center. "Hey, kid. Get rid of this circle, huh?" He growled at me.

"I... I dunno how..." I said quietly.

One of the remaining knights came charging over, and I squealed and hid behind the demon, my toes scuffing the pattern, and he laughed coldly. "That will do, girl..." he roared, and the circle shattered, making the knight stumble.

His thrown spear went wide, and I gasped as it sped towards my heart, and I screamed, "SAVE ME!"

He halted in his tracks, and then simply appeared in front of me, holding the spear where it's very tip had broken my skin.

He chuckled darkly. "Saving you is impossible. You will die some day, little girl."

"Then... then... Keep me alive as long as possible, Θεματοφύλακας." I crossed my arms, huffing in annoyance. "And stop being so rude!"

He flinched, and then surprised me by bowing, very gentile-like. "As the Lady Wishes... so shall it be." His voice gentled from its rough sound, and became more polite, just like Maria's.

Then he turned to the knights, and snapped his fingers. They all froze, but then collapsed to one knee before me. "We are terribly sorry, Lady Falkirk... please, we offer our lives as recompense."

The demon guardian smirked. "I see this as an opportunity to test whether or not you have my powers... bind them with your blood." He pointed at them.

I just blinked at him. "Isn't that illegal magic?"

"No, only if you're binding them for sexual purposes. This isn't that, so it's definitely fine." He shrugged simply.

I nodded slowly, and touched my bloody fingers to the first mans forehead. Bloody crimson-thorn vines wrapped his left hand, and my own, as well. Only One thorn appeared on my hand, I guess representing my one connection. I touched it, and knew his location, and even his emotions, which were fear and anger. Afraid of death, and angry at being put in a helpless position.