13: Tests and Torture

^^ Rasp's Human Form ^^

"Hello. How do you do?" I chuckled.

She just raised a single, needle-thin eyebrow imperiously, and I gulped.

--- Greta's POV ---

She stared at me for what seemed like forever, and finally spoke, making me jump.

"Summon the most powerful thing you can think of, then, the most powerful that you can control. We will interfere if necessary, don't worry." She suddenly said, gesturing at the circle.

I nodded and concentrated, focusing on the Phoenix that had attacked us when I stole Rasp. I smiled and prayed to Hecate quickly, and then threw up my best shields, surrounding the circle with several Aegi, instead of one Aegis, like I would usually do.

Next, I drew on the strength of Gareth and Dunwal, pooling their respective reserves, after asking their permission needlessly. They'd just responded with 'Of course, Mistress, I am, of course, Happy to Serve,' and 'Oh Aye, go an' whack 'em Dead, ye?', making me giggle.

I breathed out, and then began reciting another a poem by Sappho, blushing at the extremely explicit and suggestive wording, but using it anyway, as it was beautifully scripted, and incredibly powerful.

The masters had interesting reactions, that was true enough. Most laughed or smiled, and a few blushed, while the rest simply raised eyebrows, expressions indiscernible.

I spoke the last words, and ripped a hole in the universe, gently piercing my palm with one of my nails to prepare for what I had in mind.

The Phoenix made a grand entrance, but I thought ahead, and protected my ears from its deadly cry, and grinned when the circle shook, but held. I charged forward, ducking the beak that jabbed at me, and slammed my bleeding palm into her mouth, which was held open by the stone she was biting.

A blazing white Thorn appeared on my vine, and I grinned, pulling my hand back. "I see... Frida, you are mine, do you understand? You will not burn me, or my possessions, friends, or loved ones, nor will you attempt violence on anyone without my blessing. Now please submit." I touched my grimoire to her foot as she stood tall, so massive that her astral form was unable to fit in the colossal room.

She was absorbed, and I grinned as the book got noticeably warmer for a moment, before cooling. I opened the book to her page, and smiled.

'Summoning Information;
Race: Phoenix;
True Name: Frida;
Given Name: Frida;
Age: 6167 Years, 8 months, 7 days;
Powers:Flight,Phoenix Cry,Immortality;
Captured: 1 minutes;
Capturer: Greta Falkirk;
Currently Held: Yes'

I closed the book and smiled at Master Lon, before bowing my head respectfully. She raised an eyebrow again, then smiled. "Interesting... but you cheated. You drew magic from another source, one I can't sense." She hummed, her smile replaced by an unreadable scowl.

I blinked. "I drew magic from my contracts, I wasn't aware that was against the rules." I looked at Professor Oralia, and he sighed, rubbing his temples.

She huffed. "I see. Try again, little Dove. But you do this test on your own, remember that."

I bowed my head, and sighed. "I will... attempt to do so. But I lack the magical reserves to do much without assistance. I am only 10, after all."