10: The Lich King

^^ James and Soren ^^

--- James's POV ---

I slowly placed my Runed Armor on my frame, feeling it start to amplify my magical drain abilities, and then checked my blades' edges, placing my main blade on my back, and the second on my hip, out of my way.

Then I walked determinedly out of the Academy, bowing my head to the Keeper at the Gate.

Finally outside of the crowded city I found an open space, right outside the gate, and summoned my undead familiar, an Undead Ancient Lich Dragon named Soren.

The bones rose from the dirt, and I grinned as the Flaming Blue Goliath rose from the earth, assembling himself.

"Ahhh, master. It's been what? Two years or so?" He chuckled.

"Indeed. I seek vengeance upon the church. Will you aid me willingly?" I asked, knowing the answer.

His flames turned white, and he roared, shaking the city with the soundless shockwave. He growled at me. "GLADLY... Let me ravage them, eat their bones! Rip them, feast on their eyes!" He raged, breathing flames.

"Indeed... they attempted to murder my children. They incited a riot to kill my eldest daughter, and I was powerless to retaliate. But now, they have openly sent assassins, and they are now open to consequences. They die today." I growled.

"Yesssssss!!" He roared, and I leapt into his paw, and then ran up the bones of his forearm, and stood on his skull between his horns.

He raised his bone wings, the ligaments taut as if the flesh still existed, and swung. Launching us off the ground.

I swing my sword, and cut a swath of air in a crescent, creating a long slit in the Fabric, and Soren dove through, emerging in front of the Church's headquarters.

I held my sword in front of my waist, the hilt even with my ribs, tip tapped against his skull. "Burn them." I commanded, glaring at the presumptuous ants who had summoned my Ire.

---

I burst through the magic flames, and swung my claymore in a deadly arc with one hand, slashing one devout in half, then crushing another with the backswing, raising my left hand and throwing an Apocalypse Rune into the fray.

The ground shattered, and the building started melting around us, but I just darted forward, swinging the massive blade like a feather, slicing through devout's and acolytes alike.

The 'Holy Knights' soon appeared, and the challenge level raised significantly, but I just powered through, ripping out their souls and feeding them to Soren.

I kicked down one door, and stabbed my sword into the stone floor, approaching the Cardinal, who sat in the middle of an enormous empty room, atop a presumptuous throne. "Factum est autem, bastardus." (It came to pass, bastard.)

He steepled his fingers. "So it did. But as you said, I expected you."

Several dozen knights became visible, and I laughed. "A few dozen knights? I'm The Lich King for a reason, Cardinal Jacob." Then I drew a second, disposable Runed blade, and threw it at him at the speed of sound.

He threw up a hand, and the Runed blade passed through his barrier with no resistance at all, as my Runes of 'Keen Edge' were simply stronger than his protection magics. It slammed through his heart, the tip exiting the back of the throne, throwing up a puff of bloody dust.

The blade had a set of old letters engraved into it, which read 'Erchomai', or 'I am come', in a morbid lesson to all who viewed it after this day, as the corpse and sword were locked in a Temporal Fracture now, frozen in time. His soul would never gain rest, and would stay there, trapped in a dead body, forever, as penance for his crimes against me.