7: Spirit Branding and Murder

^^ Assassin numero Dos ^^

Runes: 8 AM, 1 hour class.
basic Witchcraft: 10 AM, 1 hour class.
Lunch: 11 AM-12 AM.
Spellcraft: 2 PM.
Circle Glyphs: 4 PM.

--- Greta's POV ---

I looked down at the schedule in my hands, and nodded. "Okay... Spellcraft... easy enough... where's that, exactly...?" I looked at a map on the wall, and found the classroom easily enough, as it was outlined in glowing blue thread, and there was a path outlined as well.

I looked down, and glowing blue thread that matched it on the ground, leading off.

I hummed. "Is that-"

'Ariadne's string, or a illusionary version of it, yes. Follow it.' Mirage said softly.

I nodded and started off.

---

I tapped on a door, looking at the string wrapped around the handle.

The door whipped open, and my guards simply appeared in front of me as a bolt of fire flew at me.

At least twenty of my guards broke, but the bolt was stopped, and then dissolved. The Rune on my forearm ate the residual mana, and I glared at the boy in front of me.

He immediately started apologizing rapidly, but I simply placed a hand on his face and moved him out of my way, and continued walking into the class.

I approached the professor. "Sorry I'm late, the string led me on an oddly circular path." I said, and waited.

She smiled. "This classroom moves, so the string guides new students here. You're totally forgiven for being tardy, and that was decent guarding you did. Well done. Now, we're actually learning basic attack Spells today, so why don't you participate? I'll be your partner for now."

She snapped her fingers, and a small ball of fire appeared in her palm. I hummed. "And what form of defense should I put up?" I asked, flipping through the textbook to find a ward or something of that nature.

"Ah. A true beginner. Yes, then never mind-"

"No! I want to try." I snapped.

She smiled. "Alright. Try something like chapter Two's 'stone skin' or perhaps chapter five's 'Astral Guard'."

I flipped to chapter five, and hummed. "Seems simple enough... fine." I sighed and then breathed deeply, speaking the spell clearly, focusing on quelling her attack.

She tossed the ball of fire like a softball, and it melted as soon as it left her hand, the mana flowing into me. She smiled. "Well done! Alright, then what about-"

---

I grinned, sitting back down finally, just as the alarm rang for the end of class. I groaned in pure annoyance. "Ow..." I slowly stood, cracking my back, and the professor, (professor Ramos) giggled.

"You'll get used to the physical burden soon, dear. Until then, ice bath's do wonders, as do hot springs. We have a wonderful one in the market." She nodded.

I smiled. "Yeah. Sounds great. If I can walk by tonight... ugh. What's my next class, Mirage?"

"Glyphs at 4. You have an hour or so to rest." She manifested next to me and patted my head.

Professor Ramos blushed. "H-hello! Who might you be? I'm Olivia-... I mean, Professor Ramos!" She stumbled over her words, and mirage smiled.

"Mistress, I'll see you in class... Olivia was it? My name is Mirage... and I happen to be very interested in your... schedule for the next hour or so." She was directly in front of the professor, a hand on her hip and another on her ribs, Her fingers literally sparking, so I huffed, and limped out.