25: On A Safari

"Crocodiles don't run away! MOVE!" Mirage yelled, and I looked up at her, just as the water under me exploded.

--- Greta's POV ---

I yelped and swung my spear downwards at the massive jaws, but only managed to knock myself away as he literally breathed fire at me.

The spears Ice abilities blocked the worst of it before melting, but my clothes were not so lucky as my skin, which was unblemished.

I growled at the massive crocodile, and drew a pair of daggers that one of my knights had given me, diving into his gaping maw. "If I can't hurt your skin, I'll cut your brain to pieces from in here!" I yelled, avoiding his massive teeth, each as tall as me.

I ignored the flames around me, washing over me like so much wind, and started cutting at the roof of his mouth, behind his tonsils. I hit bone soon enough, and an Ea Rune blasted through that.

He dove into water to attempt to drown me, but my Rune kept usable air ready for me to breath, so that was simple enough. I crawled into his cranium, and grinned. His brain was about ten feet across, and five feet tall, while his brain stem was almost two feet thick.

"Wow. You've got to be kidding. As big as you are, I expected a bigger brain. Oh, what am I saying?" I laughed, and hacked at his brainstem, cutting through it slowly but surely.

Soon enough, it snapped, and the electricity darting over it dimmed, then dispersed.

I darted out of his body through his ruined eye socket, and Mirage dragged his body onto the shore.

I grinned. "I need fireproof clothes." I said simply.

She laughed. "Yes. That you do. Here." She tossed me a one-piece baiting suit, and I put it on.

"You had this with you?" I chuckled.

She shrugged as the crocodile started melting. His skin and skull stayed, but the rest of him liquified, running into the Nile, and turning it red for a few minutes, before the water returned to normal as his liquified remains stopped.

"Oh crap. Now the Christians will freak again, what with their 'the Nile is blood! Praise'... whoever." I waved dismissively.

Mirage grinned. "I think we found the Key..." she pointed, and I grinned.

Dangling in the right eye socket of the crocodile was a simple iron key with a red ribbon, on a leather necklace.

I grabbed it, and sent the skin and skull to Hugin's Nest. "Trophies of war. Nice." I grinned.

I mentally created a Trophy Room, under the Library, and placed the daggers that I'd used in front of the skull. The pelt laid across the long rooms floor like a rug. A giant, indestructible, scaly rug.

I looked at Mirage. "So. The Amazon?"

She shrugged. "Sure. But next time, try not to get eaten."

"I wasn't eaten! I flew into his mouth, and burrowed into his brain, okay, there's a difference!" I huffed.

"Whatever you say, Mistress." She smirked, and I opened my mouth to reply as she teleported us.