1

I don't where I am going uhh honestly I don't care I just want to get away from Gale Hawthorne. I wish I never kissed him back.

FLASHBACK

Gale and I had been hunting. We were unusually quite since the reaping for the Games had just happened yesterday. My thoughts drifted to the boy who had been reaped. Peeta. The boy with the bread who had saved my life. I was devastated that he had gone into the games. He was so nice, at least everyone said he was nice. Peeta did not deserve to go in those terrible games. Neither did that twelve year old girl.

"Let's head back." Gale said. "We have enough." No we didn't, I thought. This was probably the worse catch we ever had. Five fish and a rabbit aren't much for both our families. But I didn't feel like arguing. Weird, right? We headed back and when we were past the gate Gale suddenly stopped. He caught my hand. I froze. What was he doing?

"Katniss. . ." Gale whispered. I looked at him up and down. He leaned in toward me until our face was separated by only a few inches. I felt my face start to get hot. I could feel his warm breath. He leaned in closing those few inches and touched my lips to his. My eyes widened, then they closed. My arms went around him instantly. I remember being shocked at first then happy. We were happy for the first two months. Then Peeta came back from the games as the victor. I have to admit that. A week after he came back I ran into him.

"Hey," he said. It took me a minute to talk. I remembered how he had saved my life. He gave me bread when my family and I were starving. I felt like I owed him a lot after that, but I never talked to him. I guess I was too shy. This was the first time.

"Hey," I said. We were silent for a minute until I talked. "Congratulations by the way."

"Thanks." He smiled. "So what have you been up to while I was . . . away?"

"Nothing much." I said looking down. My thoughts drifted to Gale.

"Really?" he said.

"Yup." I said. The wind blew and Peeta looked at me again. That was the first time I really noticed him, His blonde hair, his strong arms and best of all his warm blue eyes. Was he always this cute?

"So what about you? Wasn't there a girl you liked? At least that's what you said at the interviews." I said. He was silent for a minute. His eyes burned into mine. I couldn't look away, it was like those blue orbs of his were controlling me.

"She's taken." Peeta whispered. "By a guy she's been friends with since she was little. I don't think I have a chance."

"But you're a victor." I said. Surely any girl would be happy to be with Peeta. He was rich, he was handsome and he was so nice.

"I don't think that matters to her. Does it matter to you?" he asked. I was taken aback by his question. Before I could answer I heard someone call my name. Gale.

"Katniss! I thought you said we were meeting- oh hi." Gale said. He stared at Peeta like he was some kind of intruder.

"Peeta this is gale." I said. Peeta smiled.

"Nice to meet you." Peeta said. Gale ignored it.

"Let's go, Katniss." He said.

"But-" I started.

"It's late. We don't have much time to hunt." Gale interrupted. I nodded. He was right we only had an hour or two before the sun rose.

"Bye Peeta." I said. I started to walk away when I heard Peeta call me. I turned around. Peeta walked toward me.

"When you want to talk, about anything, come over. Okay?" he whispered. "I don't have anyone to talk to anymore for some reason."

"Okay." I said. He smiled and walked away. I went back to gale. He asked me what Peeta said and for some reason I lied. I told him he just wanted to say goodbye properly. I didn't see Peeta for two weeks.

One day Gale and I were walking and talking when we ran into someone. Gale suddenly started walking the other way. But she still saw him.

"Gale!" she called. I turned around. I saw a blonde girl with green eyes and pale skin. Merchants daughter, obviously. She hugged Gale and didn't let go. I just stood behind Gale looking at the two. Then she finally let go. I noticed Gale was looking nervously at me.

"I've missed you!" she said. "Who is she?"

"She, is Katniss." I answered. "Who is that, gale?" Gale looked nervous. Did I ever mention that Gale never went into town with me? This was actually the first time since he kissed me. He only spent time with me in our houses or in the woods. Never in public.

"Umm. . ." I waited to hear his response. "I have to go, Bye." He grabbed my hand and started running. I pulled away after she disappeared from view.

"Who the hell was that?" I demanded. "Are you cheating on me?!" The sorry look on his face says yes. My face reddened in anger, I glared at him.

"Look, Katniss, I think we need a . . . break." He finally said. The words hurt. A lot. But I didn't let him see it. "I'm sorry it's just that you -"

"So it's my fault?" I couldn't believe what I was hearing. What happened to the 'oh, no, it's not you, it's me' crap people usually say.

"Well. . ." he said. The next thing I knew there was a red handprint on his cheek. I ran away.

End of Flashback

And that was how I found myself in the Victors Village. I was really cold . And crying Wait me katniss Everdeen crying ? All because of gale .

"Katniss?" peeta said I look up crying "are you okay ?would you like to come inside ?" peeta asks he holds his hand out toward me should I take it or run away?

<><><><><><><><><><

I don't really like my writing skill but this is my first fanfic I read a lot but I will make a lot of mistakes.