16

.

Katniss P.O.V

I slept fairly well that night. No one woke me up until noon which was nice to do once in a while. When I did wake up I didn't have to get my breakfast. Prim came right to my bed with eggs, bacon, and toast. I didn't ask how she got this. No doubt Peeta gave it to her before he left for his meeting in the capitol. I sighed at the thought of Peeta.

"Happy Birthday!" mom and Prim said in unison as soon as I opened my eyes.

"Stay in bed for as long as you want." Prim said. "I'll take care of everything."

"By everything you mean the chores?" I asked. "Or hunting?" Prim started walking out the door.

"Yeah." She said. That really wasn't an answer. I wasn't about to argue. If my birthday present was sitting in bed all day and being lazy then I didn't mind that. It was nice to relax for once. I gave a content sigh, closed my eyes and leaned back on the bed.
A few minutes later I was disturbed by Prim. So much for peace.

"Hey, come on." Prim said. "Gale's here." She dropped a pair of clothes on the foot of the bed and pulled the covers off my body.

"So what?" I asked, reaching for my blanket with my eyes closed. "He can wait."

"Come on!" Prim said. "Don't make me get the bucket. . ." She said in a sing song voice. My eyes snapped open.

"You wouldn't." I said.

"Mom! Can you get some cold water -"

"I'm up!" I said. Prim smiled. I sat up on the bed then quickly jumped out.

"There's a bath waiting for you. Better hurry up." She said as she left the room. Where, I wondered, had she gotten that attitude from? I shook my head in disbelief. I took a long time in my bath, since it was at just the right temperature and it smelled so good. My mother must have put a special herb in it. i closed my eyes taking in the sweet smile. i think i must hvae fallen asleep because my mother scared me when she called through the door.

"Hurry up, Katniss!" mother called from outside. I sighed.
I was dry in a few minutes, except for my hair. I could just let that air dry.
The outfit on my bed was not from my closet. It was a green blouse not at all like the one Cinna made last time. This one was more . . .girly. She couldn't expect me to wear something like this.

"Prim!" I called. The door opened quickly. Was she waiting there all along? "What's this?" I asked gesturing to the blouse.

"Your outfit. Cinna made it as a gift." Prim said. "He would be very hurt if you didn't wear it." She made those puppy dog eyes that she knew I couldn't resist.

"But-"

"He made it just for you in your favorite color, Katniss." Prim said. "You don't want to hurt his feelings, right?" I sighed.

"I guess not." I said. Prim smiled.

"Great! Put it on." She left. I stared at the outfit hesitantly. Something like this was hardly appropriate in District 12. The strapless blouse was a light green with white shorts. It also came with a white mini jacket. I don't want to wear this. I thought Cinna knew I didn't like this stuff. But since I didn't want to be rude I put it on somewhat hesitantly. I didn't look so bad.
The blouse was made of a delicate and flimsy material. It was tight around the chest but flowed out around me. The shorts weren't so terribly short. I looked around my closet to find shoes when Prim came back in.
she was dresses in a delicate pink dress with pink shoes. Her hair was let loose. It flowed down in delicate waves around her back. Prim looked adorable.

"Good, your dressed, here are the shoes." She gave me white ballet flats. No. "Come on."

"No." I said. "Can't I just wear some of my shoes?" I asked.