7

I was shaking by the time Portia was done with me. I swear, this woman was evil! I don't know why I didn't run when she said the joke about meat. That should have been my first warning!
toward the begging I had been perfectly calm sitting in the warm bath - until she poured in a cup of strange white liquid in the bath that burned my skin. I tried to get up but she just pushed me back in.

"Beauty is pain." Was what she kept saying every time I flinched, gasped, or shook with pain. I swear I about passed out when she started scrubbing me down with a foamy pink thing. I could just feel the layers of skin disappearing.

"Beauty is pain." She said when she plucked my eyebrows. "Beauty is pain," she said when she cut my leg hair. "Beauty is -" she was about to say when she poured a bucket of yellow stuff on me that burned.

"I get it!" I burst. She smirked. The word: evil, popped back in my mind. In about, what felt like a century I was done. She let me put my robe back on just as Cinna came in.

"Is Peeta done?" Portia asked. Cinna nodded. "He's been done for about three hours. I just haven't come in because of all the yelling." He eyes me warily. "Peeta warned me not to do that." he added.

"You were right to wait, she almost scratched my eyes out, she's a hunter this one." Portia said. "Good luck," she added as she left the room. I back away toward the wall preparing to make a run for it if Cinna took out another bucket of the pink or yellow foam.

"Don't worry Katniss. I'm just here to put you in the dress." Cinna said. "No more torture." He laughed. Still, I did not trust him. Cinna sighed and brought out a black bag. I guess my dress was inside.

"Look, Cinna, Prim and I don't have the same taste of style so I am not wearing anything that -wow." I gasped. Cinna had unzipped the bag revealing an orange dress. When parts of it hit the light it creates an illusion that it's giving off light. It was sleeveless and reached my knees. Below the dress was a pair of orange heels. I was speechless.

"Now everyone will know you are Mrs. Boy on fire." He laughed at his joke. I frowned. The boy on fire was what some people referred to Peeta as because of his costume in the opening ceremonies.

"Cinna, I'm not -"

"Hush, get dressed." He said. "But think about it, Katniss." I didn't answer. He curled my dark hair into many ringlets and added a slight makeup that brought my eyes out. When I stared at myself in the mirror I couldn't believe what I saw. My skin shimmered in glow dust and the dress - wow!

"Remind me to thank Prim and Portia. And thank you, Cinna." I said. He smiled.

"Time to go and see the others," Cinna said. He gave me a robe. I looked at it questioningly.

"No one can see you until the party. Not even Peeta." He winked. I took it, smiling. This outfit will surely shock everyone. Some part of my mind hoped Gale would see me on TV. He would truly regret everything then. The other part was excited to see what Peeta would think of me.

Mrs. Boy on fire, I smiled.