9

The moment the car doors opened, I was blinded by lights. People were screaming Peeta's name while the insect-like cameras were aimed at us. I ducked my head as we passed through the crowd and leaned into Peeta, trying to hide my face. His hand in mine I think I held it so tightly that she may have cut the blood circulation to his hand.
It was over in a few minutes. As soon as we were inside the lights stopped.Though, I still saw lights whenever I closed my eyes. I started to feel bad for Peeta, he had to deal with that all the time. How can he stand it?
Haymitch, Effie, Cinna, and Portia entered soon after us.

"That was fun." Effie said, smiling. She fixed her outfit as she continued talking. Fun? I'm starting to think maybe Effie wasn't right in the head. . . "I wonder how I looked in the pictures -ugh if they take one bad picture I'm going to. . . " she kept talking about random stuff but I wasn't listening anymore.
I was too busy looking around the room. No, room didn't describe it. This place was huge. It could fit thousands of people and it did. A gigantic chandelier hung from the ceiling, people in suits were serving drinks. Tables full of extravagant foods . . . my mouth watered.
Everyone was unaware we were here. Shoving food in their mouths kept them occupied. That is until a girl called out Peeta's name.

"Peeta!" She said. She had green hair and yellow kin with swirly designs going around her heart shaped face. Everyone turned our way, it was silent for about a second until people ran over to us. I was pushed out of the way by several people. I can't tell you exactly how tempted I was to push people out of my way and drag Peeta out of the mob.

"He's going to take a while." Cinna muttered. "We might as well go eat." I scowled and glared at the mob of rainbow colored people.

"He's going to take a while, is he?" she smiled wider at me. I sighed and went to sit down. Looks like I'm never going to get to talk Peeta alone. There was always some distraction.Why was the world so bent on keeping us apart. I admit my mouth was watering at the sight of the delicious food and it was tempting to eat it but right now I refused to eat anything until I talked to peeta. But of course hunger eventually won out and I too was forced to eat. I filled my plate with all the delicious buns, and juicy meat. The capitol had the most exotic and delicious food. I wanted to try everything and I did just that. After four plates I started to feel full but around me people were still eating. It was a wonder how they could eat so much.
The Capitol food was amazing, you have to admit that.

"Hey." Peeta whispered in my ear. I jumped, dropping the spoon. I turned around to see his vivid blue eyes were right in front of me. I could feel his breath - that's how close we were.

"You scared me." I said. He chuckled.

"Sorry." He bent down to pick up the spoon and left it on the table. "You wanted to talk, right?" I nodded without looking at his eyes.

"Yeah, can we talk now?" I said.

"Follow me." He said. He took my hand and led me to another room. This room was empty. I was thankful for the fact that there was no People to listen to my words or to spy on me.
We were silent for a minute or two. I was racking my brains for ways to say what I was about to say but found nothing. I was terrible with words.
I took a deep breath planning on telling him straight out no matter what would happen. It's time to tell him the truth, Katniss. Just go ahead and say it. How hard can it be?
Very hard was the answer. When I opened my mouth nothing came out. Just say it! I told myself. But that wasn't very easy, at least not for me. I couldn't say the same about Peeta.

"So, um, Peeta -" I started.

"Katniss, I like you." Peeta interrupted.