3

When I arrived to my home prim was mad "why are you so late" she asks while tapping her foot impatiently

"I was at peeta's" I said.

"you were?" she said with an exited and surprised look in her face

"yeah why is that a crime" I joked

"no it's jut I didn't know you and peeta were friends"

"we are and I'm going to a party In the capital with him too " she looked even more exited look. I don't know what's gotten into prim.

"so why weren't you with Gale today ?" she asked

"I umm we are not friends anymore" I told her

"what happened ?" prim asked I really didn't want to tell my 12 year old sister

"Um Gale cheated on me " I said almost crying

"oh it's okay he is so stupid " prim said to comfort me which helped a little .

"so wacha got there "prim said as she was looking at the bag of cookies

"oh it's just cookies me and peeta made" I said

"so what do you think off peeta " prim asked with a smirk

"he's nice" I answered

"thats it ?!" prim asked a little confused

I said "yeah we'll he's creative and funny and comforting and..."i said while drifting off with him in my thoughts .

"And what?" prim asked " why do you care so much anyways"

let's go to sleep" I said back to prim why is she acting so strange .

I for one couldn't go to sleep, thoughts about Gale kept appearing in my head. No matter how much I pushed them away they would eventually come back. Why was he looking for me? Did he regret what he did? If so he should, but even if he apologized in some noble and romantic way I would never go back to him. No, Gale and I don't match. We are alike but sometimes we are too alike. I can't explain it but I feel that Gale and I are not compatible because we are so alike. Does that make sense? It's like I need someone else. Someone that doesn't think like me. Someone that can help me make the right decisions, someone with a different point of view, like Peeta. Peeta. How did he fit in here? Of course this new thought brought on a new round of questions. What about Peeta? I haven't known Peeta for that long, we weren't exactly close friends. Before today I would probably never be thinking about him. But when I think of all the fun we had today I couldn't help thinking what would happen if Peeta and I were good friends.
I had never imagined anything romantic between me and him but would we be more than friend if I opened that door?
When I accepted his request to go as his date to . . . whatever it was, I just meant as friends, but now I think that there could be more.
Peeta was nothing like Gale, he was kind, handsome, a baker, an artist. A victor. But that wasn't the only reasons I was thinking about him, in fact, I couldn't care less if he was a victor. The thing that brought him to my mind tonight was the kindness he showed that day when we were children. Not many people would do that, especially not to someone they barely knew. And Prim seemed to like him. Yeah, Peeta.

Peeta.

I fell asleep with him in my thoughts.