10

"Katniss, I like you." Peeta said. I like you, I like you, I like you . . . the words buzzed around my head like bees for a few minutes. Somehow hearing him say it stirred something in me. It wasn't the same as when Cinna said it, or when Prim told me. No, hearing him say it was . . . something.

"I've likes you since I was a kid - I've never had the guts to tell you, but then Prim came to see me and she told me she would help me be your friend - but I had to come back alive from the games and through the whole thing I had been trying to stay sane and alive just to see you. I know that you don't feel the same way about me but I just had to tell you. I couldn't keep it hidden inside of me much longer. I know that you just broke up with Gale and I hate to admit it but I was kind of glad - ugh! Now I sound mean but-"I stopped him with a kiss.
The kiss was sweet and gentle. Peeta was surprised at first but soon I felt his arms around me and held me tighter. We broke away for breath. His blue eyes were full of wonder, excitement, and shock. I smiled and blushed, a little. I never wanted to move, not even when I heard a tiny gasp.
Peeta was for me. Peeta was all mine, funny how it took me so long to figure it out. I feel bad, but I'll make it up to him somehow. I pressed my lips to him once more.

"Peeta. . ." I sighed when we stopped kissing. He smiled at me, his hold on me tightened.

"You have no idea how happy I am." He whispered. I smiled. Then I felt him stiffen. I looked up and saw his eyes were fixed on something behind me. I turned around slowly to see tons of people watching behind us. Some of the rainbow colored people had cameras pointed directly at us.Cinna had a pleasant look on his face that read 'I knew it! The moment Peeta brought you in here I knew I would be seeing this!'

I had blushed and stepped away from Peeta only to have him step back with me. He wouldn't let go of my waist - not like I wanted him to. But I did want for everyone to just leave and give us a little privacy.

"Aww!" People sighed.

"Okay everyone; let's give these two lovers some privacy." Cinna said as he ushered everyone back to the main room. just as he closed the door I saw him flash a wink toward us.
I grit my teeth knowing lots of people were going to see the pictures the capitol people took tomorrow. Heck, they might even be posted on all of Panem's Television now. What would my mother think?

"That was uncomfortable." I muttered. Peeta took me into his arms again, still smiling. "I can just imagine what people will say when they see those pictures." I sighed. Peeta kissed me lightly on the lips.

"I don't mind." He said. I raised my eyebrows asking why. "When Gale see's those pictures he will know once and for all that you are all mine now and he will regret ever cheating on you." He kissed me again. I smiled. "And those other boys will know to back off." He added. I shook my head in disbelief.

"Gale doesn't care about me that way anymore." I said. "And there are no boys that like me. Just you." Peeta sighed.

"You have no idea - the effect you can have." He said. This, of course, confused me. But before I could ask Peeta took my hand and led me back to the party where we were surrounded by tons of people the instant we exited the room.

"hmm, to think that if I had talked to you sooner than we would . . ." he shook his head in disbelief. "Next time you have something to say to me and I say I'm too busy to talk, drag me out of the room by my legs if you have to." He laughed. I hesitantly wrapped my arms around his waist.

"I just might take you up on that." I said. Peeta leaned down to kiss me. Cameras flashed all around us.

After that the night was perfect but the best part was the ride home .Peeta just remembered he had a room on the train. when he remembered he grabbed my hand I didn't know where we were going but then we were in the room.We just needed more alone time in privacy because we obviously didn't have any at the party. Me and peeta also changed into our clothes we came on my night clothed were dry already so I just put them on. I really had a great time tonight when we got home Peeta walked me home. I could tell prim was waiting for me and at the sight of me and Peeta holding hands she got really happy.