8

I walked outside the room trying hard to get the stupid grin of my face. My mind kept thinking back to what Prim had said about Peeta and me. How we was perfect for me.
It's not that I'm not flattered that Peeta likes me, who wouldn't be? but, I don't know, it just doesn't seem right. Gale and I just broke up and Peeta was a victor. I'm afraid what people will think of me if I suddenly date someone else. No that's not it, I don't care what anyone thinks. I sighed. Mixed feelings, I guess?

Peeta and the others were waiting in the sitting room. They turned my way as i came in.
Peeta was dressed in a shiny black ensemble. I couldn't help thinking why he wasn't wearing the flames that he was known for.

"Hey." Peeta said. His eyes flickered toward the robe. "What's with that? Did you not like the dress?"

"I liked it." I said as I sat down next to her. "But Cinna said no one can see it until it's time - oh by the way, Peeta, I don't know how you can take all that . . . preparation." I said. He smiled.

"It's gets less painful after a while." He said.

Effie walked into the room wearing a black dress with sparkles, her pink hair looked odd in black.

"Ready?" She asked. Peeta stood up. Cinna and Portia came back into the room changed and ready.

"Ready." Peeta smiled. I wasn't.but I got up.I felt strange wearing such a dress now and I really didn't want to get out. In fact I wanted to go back home where I knew no one would be taking pictures of me. "Katniss." Peeta said. "Come on."

"Fine." I muttered. I stood up. Everyone was already at the door waiting for it to open. Peeta was in front of the group with Effie and Haymitch. Portia took her place next to Cinna. I took a step away from her when she smiled at me. Is it wrong to want to stay away from her after all that happened? I don't think so.

The doors opened. Show time.

As soon as the doors opened I was engulf in lights. Ugh, why was the capitol so obsessed with The Hunger Games victors? Shouldn't they be afraid of them? I mean they killed people.

"Peeta!" people screamed. My ears hurt. "Over here!"

Peeta took my hand so I went to the front with him. There was a moment of silence then people gasped. I was Why did I let him take my hand?

"Stay, I don't like doing this alone." He said. I nodded stiffly. I turned my head a little to see Peeta, smiling and waving, and saw why he was put in the black ensemble. It complemented my dress perfectly. When I stood next to him, lights from my dress somehow shimmered of his outfit and bounced back creating something I had never seen before. There were little patterns on his skin that were made by my dress and the light bouncing odd his outfit. Cinna had planned this, no doubt.
I was starting to get sick of this.

"Peeta, who is she?" someone asked. Peeta didn't answer. Peacekeepers formed a line toward a car that would take us wherever we were going. More questions were thrown at us over and over.
How can anyone take this? Is it so wrong to want to run away from this?

I got in the car first then Peeta. The doors closed behind us quickly.

"Effie, Haymitch, Cinna and Portia are going to take another one." Peeta explained. I nodded. "Overwhelming isn't?"

"Yes," I got out.

"You get used to it." Peeta said. I doubt it. Being stared at by creepy multicolored people doesn't seem like anything you would get used to. Just think about it. When I looked around all I saw an orange person with fire design on their skin. On my left I saw a grey person. Grey! That's the strangest color a person could make themselves!

"So Peeta, after we get to . . . wherever it is we're going can I talk to you? Alone?" I asked.

"Yeah sure." he answered.

"Is it me, or has everyone been treating you weirdly today?" Peeta whispered. I smiled.

"It's not you." I said. Peeta raised his eyebrow asking for an explanation. "I'll tell you when we talk privately."

"By the way, I wanted to tell you how amazing you look in that dress." Peeta whispered. I blushed.

"Thanks, I'm sure Cinna designed it just so you would look amazing today." I said. Why had I said that? Peeta laughed.

"I don't think anyone will be looking at me with you in the room." Peeta smiled. I blushed again.

I thought to my self that we looked absolutely perfect next to each other maybe we are a perfect match.