11

It has been a week since the Capitol party - or as Peeta prefers to call it 'the best night of his life'.I sat in Peeta's living room watching him paint and thought about the events of that amazing night.

I smiled to myself as I remembered that day. Peeta saw, he put his paintbrush down and sat next to me.

"Are you done?" I asked. "It really shouldn't take that long to paint me, there's not much to paint." I said.

"When will you see the you I see?" he sighed. "I'm almost done. I just needed a brake to come and ask what was so funny?" I shrugged.

"Nothing. I was just remembering the night we kissed." I said. Peeta smiled faded a little.

"I don't recall anything being funny about it." he muttered. "Romantic and wonderful, yes. Funny? No. Did I have food in my teeth or something?" I laughed.

"No, but do you remember Prim's expression? That was funny." I said. He smiled and kissed me. It was just a peck on the lips but it left me wanting more.

"It was." He whispered. "Speaking of Prim, where is she? She said she was going to get a few snacks from the bakery. It shouldn't take that long to come back." My eyes flashed to the clock on the wall. He was right, she had been gone for almost an hour now.

"Your right, should we go see -" I was cut off by the doorbell. "That should be her." I stood up and walked to the foyer. I opened the door and sure enough there was Prim but what was he doing here?

"Katniss," Peeta called as he walked toward me. "Prim, what took you so long -" he was cut off when he saw out guest.

"Hello, Gale." Peeta said. His arm went around me like it always does when I'm around a boy Peeta thinks likes me.

"Peeta." Gale greeted. His eyes flickered to me and he smiled. "Nice to see you again, Catnip." I forced a smiled.

"You too, Gale. Come inside." I said. He did. "Peeta why don't you take Gale to the living room. I need to talk to Prim." Peeta nodded hesitantly. I was a little nervous of having those two in the same room together but I'm sure peeta, at least, wouldn't do anything that would make me angry.

"Why?" I asked. She bit her lip.

"Sorry, I ran into him at the bakery then he asked me where you were I told him you were busy and then he made some snide remark about you and peeta then I got angry and told him that you preferred spending more time than Peeta than with him and then he wanted to see you - and then I argued a little more about why that's a bad idea but of course he won in the end -"

"But why did you bring him here?" I yelled in whispers. Is it possible to yell when you're whispering?

"I just said because he wanted to see you." She said. I sighed. Well, Gale and I are supposed to be friends so why wouldn't he want to see me? A friend would want to see a friend.

"Don't even think about it!" Someone yelled from the living room and a loud thump.The blood drained from my face and I sprinted toward the living room. Where they arguing? I shouldn't have left them alone! Prim was right my heels. "Peeta! Don't -" I burst through the door to see. . .