7

It was Prim who woke me up the next morning in a rather rude manner. She ripped the blankets from my body and when I refused to wake up she poured hot water on me. It should be better than cold water, right? But no, in fact it's worse. If you have ever been woken up with steaming hot water, you might now what I mean.

"What was that for?" I asked.

"You didn't wake up - I warned you I would do this." She said. "You didn't believe me." I rolled my eyes.

"Why did you wake me up so early?" I asked as I grabbed a towel and started to dry myself.

"Cinna said to be ready by six if your going." Prim said. "You are going." It wasn't a question, it was a statement. I knew I wouldn't get out of this. If Prim wanted me to go, well, how could I say no?

"I am." I said. Prim smiled.

"It wasn't a question, but I'm glad I don't have to drag you there," Prim said. Cinna came into the room at that moment. He came to an abrupt stop at the door when he saw me.

"Wouldn't wake up?" he asked.

"Yup." I said.

"At least you didn't use cold water." Cinna said. Mother came in smiling. "Come Katniss we have to go now." Cinna said.

"Bye, mom I'll see you tomorrow." I said. She gave me a hug and watched as i got into Cinna's car and headed to the train station. I still found it hard to believe that our mother had let me go so easily. I expected for there to be some type of argument and lots of convincing but no, she just let us go. Then again the party will be broadcasted all over Panem so she will be able to keep an eye on me.Is it wrong to find that creepy, I mean your mother is watching everything you do on TV.

"I'm surprised you decided to come." Cinna said. "Since Prim blabbed to you about Peeta." I shrugged like it was no big deal. I had thought about not coming. I was sure I would act awkward around him now that I knew but I knew I would feel guilty if I didn't come.

"I knew Peeta would be happy if I came." I said. "I didn't want to hurt his feelings." Cinna nodded.

We finally stopped.Cinna handed me his jacket since I was still wet. I started to wonder why Prim never let me change out of these wet clothes
The instant I stepped out of the car I was surrounded by a cloud of cameras. I gasped. Cinna walked up behind and tried to get them away from me. I put my face under the jacket and started walking very quickly - right into Peeta.

"Katniss!" Peeta said. I probably scared him. I doubt he could see anyone a few feet away with all of these camera.

"Uh, hi Peeta." I said somewhat awkwardly. He smiled.

"Why are you wet?" he asked.

"Prim." I answered. Peeta chuckled.

"Of course." His arm went around me and led me to the train. I couldn't help wondering what this meant to Peeta. Did he think that I liked him back? That that was the reason I let him put his arm around me.
I started to feel guilty. I couldn't lead him on. It wasn't fair to him.

"There." Peeta said once we were inside. "Safe and sound." I nodded and stepped away from him. I needed to talk to him. To find out if t was really true but I needed to ask him when we were alone.

'"Peeta, can I talk to you?" I asked. "Alone?" Before he could answer Cinna, Effie, Haymitch and Prim entered the train.

"Get away!" Haymitch called to the people with cameras. He slammed the door shut in their faces. A minute later the train started moving.

"What's she doing here?" Haymitch asked. He eyes me angrily.

"She's Peeta's date."Effie smiled. I blushed.

"Since when are we allowed to bring dates."bHaymitch said. Effie glared at him.

"Since I said so. At least Peeta can bring guests, unlike you." Effie muttered. "Go take a shower, you reek of vomit." She stomped away, her fuchsia heels clicking against the floor.

"Peeta, you come with me," Cinna said. And Katniss, can you wait here a few minutes?" Cinna asked.

"We'll talk later okay?" Peeta said. I nodded.

"Sure." I said. "When will we get there?"

"In five hours." Cinna said.

"Do you really need to start getting ready right now?" I asked. "You don't need that much time to get ready, right? And I need to talk to Peeta." To my surprise Cinna and Peeta laughed.

"She has no idea what's coming!" Peeta said. I stared at them unsure of what to say. Surely getting ready couldn't take that long.

"Portia will be here in a few minutes." Cinna called as he steered Peeta away. "Go with her, she'll get you ready." Cinna pushed Peeta into a room and closed .Everyone was gone to do their own things, except me. I sighed.

I sat down on a nearby chair and looked out the window. We were moving at an impossible speed, all I could see was a blur. If I wasn't looking out the window I wouldn't have been able to tell we were moving. I guess this is how it feels like to move in one of the Capitol trains. I had never been in one this fancy. Scratch that I had never been in one, period. No one was allowed to travel in between districts. I was extremely lucky to be able to go. In District 12 people could go a life time without ever stepping outside the fence let alone go to the Capitol.

"Katniss?" Someone asked. I turned around and saw a woman who was clearly from the Capitol. I recognized her to be Portia from the cameras. She was District 12 Female tributes stylist.

"Portia, right?" I asked. She nodded.

"Come with me, please." She said. She led me to another large room. She gestured for me to sit down. "I should warn you, since you are Peeta's date today, you will be treated like a goddess and you will get an unusual amount of attention from the cameras."

"Just because Peeta likes me?" I asked. She was taken aback by this.

"You know?" Portia asked. I nodded. "Prim?" she asked. I smiled, had everyone expected for Prim to tell me?

"Yup," I said. Portia sighed.

"I knew she would tell you eventually." Portia said. "Okay, so enough of that. While we get you ready I'm going to have to ask you to not resist, got it?" she asked. I nodded.

"Okay," she said. Portia led me to the bathroom where a bath was waiting. I saw her smile evilly.

"I love fresh meat." She said.