12

Katniss P.O.V

It has been a week since the Capitol party - or as Peeta prefers to call it 'the best night of his life'. Prim has another name for it though: 'the day she almost had a heart attack'
I sat in Peeta's living room watching him paint and thought about the events of that amazing night.

"Peeta. . ." I sighed when we stopped kissing. He smiled at me, his hold on me tightened.

"You have no idea how happy I am." He whispered. I smiled. Then I felt him stiffen. I looked up and saw his eyes were fixed on something behind me. I turned around slowly to see Prim, surrounded by tons of people watching behind us. Some of the rainbow colored people had cameras pointed directly at us. Prim stood in the threshold of the door with her mouth wide open. Cinna had a pleasant look on his face that read 'I knew it! The moment Peeta brought you in here I knew I would be seeing this!'

I had blushed and stepped away from Peeta only to have him step back with me. He wouldn't let go of my waist - not like I wanted him to. But I did want for everyone to just leave and give us a little privacy.

"Aww!" People sighed.

"Okay everyone; let's give these two lovers some privacy." Cinna said as he ushered everyone back to the main room. He carried Prim outside because she looked too stunned to move and just as he closed the door I saw him flash a wink toward us.
I grit my teeth knowing lots of people were going to see the pictures the capitol people took tomorrow. Heck, they might even be posted on all of Panem's Television now. What would my mother think?

"That was uncomfortable." I muttered. Peeta took me into his arms again, still smiling. "I can just imagine what people will say when they see those pictures." I sighed. Peeta kissed me lightly on the lips.

"I don't mind." He said. I raised my eyebrows asking why. "When Gale see's those pictures he will know once and for all that you are all mine now." He kissed me again. I smiled. "And those other boys will know to back off." He added. I shook my head in disbelief.

"Gale doesn't care about me that way anymore." I said. "And there are no boys that like me. Just you." Peeta sighed.

"You have no idea - the effect you can have." He said. This, of course, confused me. But before I could ask Peeta took my hand and led me back to the party where we were surrounded by tons of people the instant we exited the room.

"hmm, to think that if I had talked to you sooner than we would . . ." he shook his head in disbelief. "Next time you have something to say to me and I say I'm too busy to talk, drag me out of the room by my legs if you have to." He laughed. I hesitantly wrapped my arms around his waist.

"I just might take you up on that." I said. Peeta leaned down to kiss me. Cameras flashed all around us.

I smiled to myself as I remembered that day. Peeta saw, he put his paintbrush down and sat next to me.

"Are you done?" I asked. "It really shouldn't take that long to paint me, there's not much to paint." I said.

"When will you see the you I see?" he sighed. "I'm almost done. I just needed a brake to come and ask what was so funny?" I shrugged.

"Nothing. I was just remembering the night we kissed." I said. Peeta smiled faded a little.

"I don't recall anything being funny about it." he muttered. "Romantic and wonderful, yes. Funny? No. Did I have food in my teeth or something?" I laughed.

"No, but do you remember Prim's expression? That was funny." I said. He smiled and kissed me. It was just a peck on the lips but it left me wanting more.