Inside the case

Evelyn finds herself falling though the case and bumping herself on a wooden step ladder on the way down, much to her delight Newt is there to catch her.

"Sorry, I didn't see the steps" Evelyn looks down at her hands embarrassed at her foolishness as Newt gently places her down on her feet once more. 

His hand lingers ever so slightly on the small of her back as he looks down at her.

"You intrigue me" He mutters and a slight blush rushes softly across Evelyn's cheeks as she shyly removes her gaze from his and instead looks around at the surrounding area.

They're in what seems to be a wooden garden like shed with rickety wooden tables, various plants, and bits of loose parchment.

There's a camp bed in the corner and wooden cupboards overflowing with rope, nets, jars and bottles.

A very old looking typewriter and a few battered books sit on top of the desk along with more pieces of parchment.

Other items on the desk include moving photos of various creatures lay on top of open maps, surrounded by drawings and notes scattered all about.

Newt smiles at the amazement on Evelyn's face, 

"Wait till you see the beasts" Newt says a bigger cheekier smile breaking out.

"I can see them?" Evelyn responds rather excitedly.

"Of course, but first I must prepare a mixture for Mr Kowalski, would you fetch him for me?"

Evelyn nods and this time makes sure to grip onto the ladder whilst watching her step as she heads back up.

"Just beckon him with your hands, saves you having to go all the way up" Newt calls to her and Evelyn reaches her arm up beckoning for Jacob.

"Will he come?" Evelyn questions but she doesn't hear an answer due to Jacobs foot causing her to topple down the ladder once again Jacob not far behind.

They both fall on the floor with huge  painful thud Newt not there to catch her this time.

"Well that hurt" Evelyn clutches her head as it throbs harshly from the impact of the floor.

"Sorry" Jacob says awkwardly trying to stand up.

Newt turns around to look at the fallen pair.

"Don't move, I'll come over in just a second" Newt says softly to Evelyn, a slight worry mixed with a tinge of guilt on his face. 

He turns to directly face Jacob next. 

"Would you sit down?" he asks before coming over and examining the bite on his neck curiously.

"Ah that's definitely the Murtlap. You must be particularly susceptible ... See you're a muggle so our physiologies are subtly different." 

Newt then begins to busy himself again using a mixture of plants and the contents from various bottles to create what he refers to as a 'Poultice'.

Evelyn is in awe, her throbbing head now a side character as she watches him prepare the concoction at an immense speed. 

He then walks back over to Jacob and rapidly dabs as his neck with the mixture.

"Now that should stop the sweating" He says happily reaching for something else on the desktop. 

He hands Jacob some pills and glass of water in a clay cup.

"And one of those should sort the twitch." 

Jacob suspiciously eyes the pills in his hand but swallows all the same, wanting this painful nightmare to be over.

Without another thought Newt rushes over to Evelyn undoing his bow tie and taking of his waistcoat as he crouches down in-front of her.

"You okay? Bit of bump to your head." 

He lightly grazes his hand on her forehead causing Evelyn's cheeks to heat up.

"Um yes I'm okay, I'm pretty clumsy so I'm use to it" Evelyn smiles at him trying to control herself from turning too red in the face.

"Promise? I should have warned you it's definitely a health hazard down here." Newt looks terribly guilty, but Evelyn can't help but smile entranced by his gorgeous features.

"I Promise." Evelyn squeaks out snapping herself out of her trance, 'get it together Evelyn' she thinks to herself. 

Newt smiles and without another word gets up rather energetically and grabs a meat cleaver bringing it onto his workshop desk and hacking a kind of meat into pieces. It's surprisingly rather violent that it causes Jacob and Evelyn to become startled.

He turns round his usual sheepish smile on his face as he throws the meat into a bucket handing it to Jacob. 

"Take that" to which a confused Jacob does.

Newt beckons for Evelyn to come over to him where he stand holding a small vile and a weird shaped cocoon.

"Hold this if you wouldn't mind" and he passes the vile to Evelyn. 

She grasps the vile in her hand rather tightly worried that she may drop it.

Newt places his hand onto hers gently, 

 "It's okay it not going to break, unless you hold it like that of course" He jokes.

 "Sorry, I'll hold it more gently." She responds laughing lightly as she loosens her grip on the vial. 

He then begins to squeeze the cocoon gently as a bright enchanting blue liquid seeps out into the vile

"This is a Swooping Evil, not quite the friendliest of names. But it's quite an agile fellow." 

Newt flicks the cocoon lightly to which it unravels dangling rather elegantly from his finger.

Evelyn looks at it in astonishment, unsure what exactly it does but the blue liquid is extremely beautiful.

 "I've been studying him. And I'm pretty sure his venom could be quite useful...if properly diluted. Just to remove bad memories, you know."

 Evelyn nods admiring the way he talks about the swooping evil in such a caring tone, a look of happiness can be seen in his eyes as he studies the cocoon  intently.

Quiet suddenly (which seems to be Newt's expertise),he throws the cocoon towards Jacob releasing a bat like spiked colourful creature that howls into Jacob's terrified face.

Evelyn laughs getting that this is Newt's idea of a joke as he recoils it smiling widely.

"Probably shouldn't let him loose in here though." 

Jacob has a dumbfounded look of absolute shock on his face as he attempts to steady his heartbeat with a hand on his chest.

"Come on then" Newt smiles at them excitement clear on his face as he opens the door of his shed and walks out.

-

Purely because i feel that the chapter should end here is why i am i stopping it. But as soon as i have published it i'm going get started on the next and have it up in the next hour or so. Hope you're enjoying it so far, i am pleasantly surprised by how many of you are reading it (thank you all so much) :) also if you ever want to chat you can just message me :) Byesie bye -C x