Captured

It can't have been more than a few seconds since Newt has stepped into his case and shutting the top, that a curious and very annoyed Tina comes out from the side of the bridge she'd been hiding behind.

She hastily sits on top of the case clasping the latches shut as quick as she can, and with a determined look upon her face she stands up clutching the suitcase and disapparates.

Entering the Lobby of MACUSA the young on edge girl looks up to see the dial on the clock above her is on 'Emergency'.

She tuts worried and holds the case in her hand as she runs up the staircase walking past huddled groups of wizards and witches whispering nervously to one another.

-

Back inside the case Jacob and Evelyn look up as Newt stands on the wooden ladder attempting to open his case.

"It's shut, we can't get out." He sighs in defeat looking down at the them.

"Are we in danger?" Jacob asks a look of fear crosses over his face.

"I honestly don't know, this hasn't happened before... but what I do know it that all we can do is wait." Newt responds climbing down the ladder and sitting on a wooden crate that lays upside on the messy floor of his shed.

"I've even tried spells and still it just won't budge." Newt mutters in annoyance looking down at his feet as Pickett pops his head slightly out of his coat pocket.

"It's okay Pickett, we'll be fine." Newt says, a caring look in his eyes as he looks down at his Bowtruckel.

"Do you mind if I go out of this shed?" Jacob asks "Feels cramped." he adds looking at Newt.

"Yes just don't wander to far if you don't mind?" Newt replies giving Jacob a look as though he's attempting to be stern but failing to do so, and with that Jacob leaves the shed leaving Newt and Evelyn alone.

Newt stands up and moves closer to Evelyn who is perched on top his work table swinging her legs back and forth lightly in an anxious manner. Soon Newt is beside her leaning against the work bench his arm lightly brushing against her own.

"Be honest, are we in danger?" Evelyn asks staring ahead at the shed wall covered in a jumble of various items not wanting to make eye contact.

"Quite possibly-I mean I've never been shut in before." Newt replies rubbing the back of his neck as he look down to the floor.

"You do that when you're nervous."

"Rub my neck?" Newt asks to which Evelyn nods.

"I-uh- well I suppose..- I don't really realize I do it if I'm honest" Newt sheepishly smiles at her shrugging his shoulders lightly.

"You do it a-lot round me" Evelyn whispers as though she doesn't want him to hear, yet secretly she does.

Newt turns his face to her stopping to capture every feature he can make out, from her light freckles scattered over her face to the strands of hair messily sticking out of a once tighter plait .

"I'm not use to being around people anymore." he pauses for a moment in deep thought before continuing.

"As for you- well, you make me nervous Miss Lois." Newt formerly addresses her to add humour to his tone, covering up the fact he's just admitted how nervous she makes him feel.

Evelyn struggles to keep her smile hidden as she feels her stomach erupt with butterflies, the metaphorical kind of course.

She's not sure why she feels this way just yet but right now she's cherishing the moment.

"Evelyn?" Newt asks politely.

"Newt?"

"Are you going to leave?" He questions and if Newt wasn't so good as hiding his emotions she would have noticed the sadness he held.

"Leave to go out the case?" Evelyn asks confusedly looking at Newt who's still staring off into the distance.

"No I mean- well - I don't really know what I mean." He smiles a crooked smile her way.

"I'll stay around for as long as I can whilst you're in New York, if that's what you mean." Evelyn smiles feeling warm inside at the thought that he doesn't want her to go just yet.

Newt smiles in appreciation as a comfortable silence falls between them, only the sounds of Newt's beasts can be heard faintly from outside of the shed.

-

I'm sorry that's all I have for today, I hope you enjoyed it anyways. I struggled to write as I got in a big argument and felt a bit off today. Anyway hopefully I'll have a better chapter up for you all tomorrow. I really do appreciate you guys thank you so much for taking the time to read my story :) Enjoy your night,evening,morning aha -C x

(OMG i accidentally deleted the whole and started to freak out but i found a restoration button on my laptop thank gosh for that. )