It All Begins

*Just like to say thank you to theKatGod for designing the cover for this story- much love <3*

'He who seeks vengeance, must first dig two graves: one for his enemy and one for himself'

The sounds of my fists colliding with the punching bag echoed throughout the abandoned gym. Sweat dripped down my forehead as I viciously attacked the bag, allowing my anger to consume me as I thought of the man I loved, Rin. His charcoal-like hair and his piercing blue eyes and his show-stopping smile that always managed to take my breath away. Growing up with a family legacy to pursue taught you 3 things about the streets:

Number 1: Don't turn your back on family

Number 2:Trust no one

Number 3: Snitches get stitches

He broke down my walls guarding my heart, the worse thing about it...we were meant to be rivals. He was a member of 'The Pythons and I was the sole heir to 'The Ravens'. We were the meant to be the leaders of the most notorious and dangerous gangs in all of New York. The intense rivalry between 'The Pythons' and 'The Ravens' was a well known street war. Our territories were our playgrounds while on the streets, it was a battlefield. Rin Addison was my beacon of light in my time of darkness, where I fell -he stood strong, he was my king...until they took him from me.

I sighed deeply before looking into the mirror, forest-green eyes stared back at me while golden locks cascaded down my back. Sharp cheekbones, a small button nose, a pouty mouth and slightly pointed ears. My new face, the new me... Growing up in a well known family organisation has its down falls, everybody knows who you are, especially your rivals which is why I went overseas for a new facial structure. I missed my old features, my hazelnut coloured eyes and my midnight black hair but I couldn't risk any 'Python' recognising me. I'd have my revenge and to do so, I had to take precautions. I needed to be seen as nothing more than a pretty face, viewed as a trophy, underestimated...only then would they fall, one by one, like the scum they are.

I wiped the sweat dripping down my face with a towel before pulling out my phone to dial my contact.

"Hey Tessa, it's me...I need you to get some information for me"