Rules Were Made To Be Broken

"So you mean he knew all along who you were?" Evie asked, disbelief in her voice.

"I don't think so...some of the photo's were only taken from security footage. The chances are he only found out after the party" I replied.

"But if he knew after the party...then why didn't he do anything at the dinner gathering?" Ruben asked confused.

"It doesn't matter right now, what does matter is the fact that he officially knows who you are and quite possibly he also knows that it was you who killed Rowan" my father voice in as he walked into the room wearing a black suit while loading up his gun. "The good thing is that my contact in the force agreed to rule the death as a suicide with no causalities."

"Well that's good but now what do we do?" I asked my father curiously.

"For now I need you to stay here for the time being alright. It would be in our best interest if you were to avoid confrontation with other Pythons, we can't be to sure if the others are aware of your true identity" he responded as he gathered his belongings, gently kissing me on the forehead before exiting the house.

I looked over at the others, their faces vacant of any emotion except for Evan who looked solemn. We were lounging about in the lounge room, Evie and Blaze were quietly gathered with Ruben discussing the latest shipments and repairs for The Sirens while Evan was quietly sitting alone, glancing out at the ocean with a grim look on his face.

"I hear the funeral is today" Evan randomly brought up, catching everyone's attention and stalling the room into silence.

"So? It's not like any of us are going, she betrayed us. The stupid two-faced snitch" Evie growled before walking off.

Blaze let out what I could assume was a sigh before walking off to follow her. I peeked over at Ruben, his face blank while his eyes were cold.

"Friend or not, she betrayed us. She's dead to me" he stated firmly before nodding slightly at me, quietly excusing himself from the room and following after the others.

I leaned my head back on the lounge before closing my eyes and allowing my thoughts to overwhelm me before I felt the lounge dip slightly near my feet. I opened my eyes to see Evan sitting by my feet, his eyes downcast as his hands fumbled with each other.

"Who do you think will turn up?" he asked quietly.

"Most likely just her family, last I heard was that her parents were flying in, they wanted a small funeral" I spoke softly as it was a delicate subject.

"Kat, could you...I know it's a lot to ask...but..." he stuttered, his words barely forming.

"Evan" I cut him off. "What do you need?"

"Could you lay down a rose for me at the funeral" he finally finished, refusing to meet my gaze.

"Why can't you? I'm not even going"I asked, unsure as to why he couldn't do it himself.

"I guess... I'm not ready to truly say goodbye and if anyone should be there then it should be you Katrina, you were practically like a sister to her" he sighed before finally meeting my gaze, his eyes filled with unshed tears.

I contemplated his response before a wave of sadness hit me. I nodded softly before holding out my hand in support. He grasped onto my hand gently, smiling slightly at me in thanks of the support.

"Cover for me with the others okay" I told him as he nodded in response.

"Oh and it's at the Greenwoods cemetery"

I sighed, walking into the spare room that was always specifically reserved for me. I rummaged through my clothes hanging in the wardrobe, choosing to wear a long, flowing black dress with matching heels, black sunglasses and an additional umbrella because of the sun. Dread was all I could feel as I prepared myself for the day. Strutting out towards the main door, I was quickly halted in my escape by Blaze who crossed his arms stubbornly.

"I need to go Blaze, I have to be there" I told him desperately, hoping it would get him to budge but to no such luck. "Please, she was family, regardless of what she did"

Blaze continued to stand tall before he slouched suddenly. He pulled out his notepad before quickly scrawling along it;

Your dad won't be happy

I rolled my eyes slightly, already aware of the possible consequences of my actions. He reached into his blazer pocket before pulling out a small piece of crinkled paper and handing it over to me, it was a delicately drawn rose, each petal detailed and outlined. I looked up at Blaze who was already busy scribbling away at his pocket size notepad before he held it up for me to see;

Lay that down for me

I smiled softly before carefully placing it in my purse and hugging him gently. He hugged back before pulling away and shooing me off with a small smile. I walked out and over to my car before climbing in and driving to the front gate and out to the cemetery.