The Winner Takes It All: Part 2

The club was buzzing with life as they made their way over to the bar, bumping into many bystanders as they walked. Blaze held himself with confidence yet caution, his shoulders were tense while his gaze was gazing about every now and then, always aware of his surroundings.

"This is the first time I've been out in a while" Rhea spoke, "Just didn't think it would be with you."

Blaze gazed at her condescendingly before turning his back away from the bar with his drink in hand, he wasn't taking any chances of a sneak attack. Rhea regarded him carefully, analysing his appearance as he remained firm.

"You're not really talkative are you?" Rhea asked as she glanced over at Blaze who seemed quite content to ignore her. "Just so you know, I've already established with Katrina that I can't take part in actually helping you. I mean, after all, we are supposed to be hated enemies."

Blaze remained a neutral look on his face at her reveal before reaching into his blazer pocket and pulling out a small notebook with a pen and writing on it. Rhea watched as he wrote whatever it was he was writing before he slid the paper over to her.

'That's fine. I don't need your help anyway'

Rhea scoffed in disbelief before taking a small sip from her cup.

"You're a ray of sunshine aren't you." She remarked sarcastically.

The loud thumping of the music bellowed throughout the club as many clubbers danced wildly about the dance floor. The icy, blue lights flashed all about the room, illuminating the room like wild lightning. The air was quite humid and hot as people danced close together. Rhea glanced around at the party that was occurring around her, the sheer joy and rebellion that came from the atmosphere. The flashing lights lit up the club, exposing Rhea's golden corset accompanied with tight, black skinny jeans and ankle-length heeled boots. Rhea softly bobbed her head along to the music before drowning back her drink and leaving Blaze at the bar. She glided her way through the various bodies of people as she made her way to dance floor before coming to a stop. She closed her eyes as she let the music course through her veins, swaying her hips side to side. She could feel sweat gliding down her neck as she danced, finally allowing all of her worries to flow away. She glanced back over at the bar where Blaze was still sitting while cradling his own drink. His gaze was locked on her as she sashayed about the dance floor, occasionally taking a sip here and there. Rhea gave him a brief smirk before turning back around and dancing with a random guy. As she danced on, she could feel an arm gently wrap around her waist from behind. She leaned back into the embrace, disregarding whoever it was as she continued enjoying herself. She spared a quick glance back at the stranger that had taken the spot behind her, he was decent looking. Rhea shuffled around as the song came to an end before another took over with a slightly calmer beat. She danced away from the embrace as she turned around to spot Blaze but he was no longer at the bar. Rhea's eyebrows furrowed in confusion before another arm wrapped securely around her waist once more. Her head shot around as her gaze once again locked with Blaze who was now standing behind her with his arm secured around her waist.

"Element of surprise is really your thing huh?" Rhea asked jokingly, slightly breathless.

Blaze merely continued to stare down at her before nodding his head over towards a back door. Rhea studied the door before realising what he was gesturing at. Three men dressed in a dark, grey uniform were gathered as another was speaking to a man dressed in a fine, looking suit with a stern look on his face.

"That's the orders for the alcohol supply" Rhea informed Blaze, "There should be at least a whole truck full of alcohol stocked outside."

Blaze raised a single eyebrow at the fact before nodding softly. He gestured over towards them as he walked closer yet still undetected. Rhea noted how fitting his shirt hidden beneath his blazer was as his muscles were quite evident. Rhea watched as Blaze continued on his way before being shaken from her thoughts as her phone began to ring.

"Why the hell didn't you tell us they would be here?!" Katrina's voice raged out as Rhea answered the call.

"Who?" Rhea asked as her face scrunched up into confusion. 'Who was she referring to?'

"Your husband and his devil of a brother" she snapped back at Rhea, her voice barely audible as the volume of the music intensified.

"What!" Rhea yelled, surprise evident in her voice, "That's not possible, they aren't even meant to be over that side of the city."

Rhea listened as Katrina scoffed in disbelief before responding, "Well I'm looking at them right now."

Rhea could feel her frustration and worry increase, the longer she was on the phone.

"Avoid them! Chances are they're just collecting the monthly checks, our system malfunctioned recently so the Pythons have had to make personal appearances for the income" she informed Katrina, "It's odd though that it would be those two..."

"If this backfires then I can promise you now that you'll be in your grave by tomorrow morning" Katrina threatened before hanging up.

Rhea sighed in annoyance as she put her phone away, switching her gaze around the club for Blaze who had disappeared during the call. She rolled her eyes before walking back over to the bar and ordering another drink, desperate for something to make this night pass quicker. She let out a deep sigh as she pulled out her phone again and sent a quick text to Leo.

'Where are you?' -R

She waited a few moments before her phone buzzed in response.

'With Logan' -L

Rhea groaned in frustration at the short reply before shoving her phone away and guzzling down her drink. Lately, Leo had been much more reserved and secretive, a fact that was increasingly worrying Rhea. She could feel the music buzz around her as the alcohol became very present amongst her. She ordered and sculled down two more before stumbling back to the dance floor. The music seemed so much more lively now as she could feel the vibrations echo throughout the club. She closed her eyes as she allowed the music to consume her once more, casting away any thoughts of Leo, Katrina and anything involving the plan...except for Blaze. Her thoughts were consumed by him as she continued to sway about, thoughts about his dark, piercing gaze that had been solely locked on her figure before, his muscles outlined so clearly contained within his shirt and his silence just added to his mystery. He was a complete enigma.

'I'm so screwed' Rhea thought bitterly as the night carried on without another appearance of Blaze.

So much for the mission...