A Deal With The Devil

Four guns were all aimed at Rhea who honestly looked unfazed. She was dressed in a black trench coat with a black scarf wrapped around her head and sunglasses.

"How the hell did you get past security?" Evan barked at her.

Rhea merely spared him a glance before looking over at me. She removed her glasses before hesitantly taking a step forward only to stop.

"I was hoping we could discuss a matter of significance" she started "One in which we could possibly see eye to eye on"

"We have no business with you" Evie spat at her aggressively "In case you may have failed to realise but your men put our girl in here in the first place!"

"I had no part in the attack, all I knew was that they had a plan to strike back. Can you honestly say you thought Logan wouldn't retaliate?" Rhea asked mockingly as she pointed at Evie.

Evie and Rhea glared daggers at each other, neither willing to give in. Evie took a threatening step forward before being held back by Blaze who shot her a warning look.

"I want to help" Rhea finally spoke, her statement plunging the room into silence.

"No way!" Evie exclaimed furiously as she struggled against Blaze.

"I want to help you take out Logan" she tried again. "I swear I'm telling the truth"

"Big words for a good for nothing snake!" Evie hissed at her while Rhea narrowed her eyes before rolling them in what looked to be annoyance.

"Quite honestly, I don't care what you think" she mocked Evie before looking back over to me "You guys don't like me and trust me the feeling is mutual however we seem to have a mutual hate for Logan"

"You want to work together?" Ruben asked stiffly, his voice sounding to be in disbelief.

"Yes, as the saying goes 'the enemy of my enemy is my friend" Rhea quoted smugly as she held herself with confidence regardless of being in a room surrounded by her most hated enemies holding guns at her.

"Why the hell should we trust you snake!?" Evan growled at her, his eyes narrowed in suspicion as he firmly held his stance with his gun pointed at Rhea.

"Based on the circumstances, I don't think you really have many other options here" she replied, her voice tense as she stared challenging back at us.

"And pray tell why would you want to help us?" Ruben asked, his arms crossed as he glared at Rhea.

"I'm not doing this for you or your Ravens. I'm doing this because the man who I considered a younger brother was taken from me by the people who I considered family" she growled, her eyes slightly watered up.

"Does your husband know where you are?" Ruben questioned.

"What he doesn't know can't kill him besides there is no way he would agree with me on this" she replied tensely while playing with her wedding ring. "Besides, I'm sick and tired of Logan making a mockery of him, I think it's time someone put Logan in his rightful place...six feet underground"

Ruben, Blaze, Evan and Evie all glanced at each other, contemplating their options. I glared at them slightly as they ignored my being in this situation, choosing instead to focus on them individually and try and read them. Evie I could see was clearly disbelieving towards Rhea as she continuously shot her glares while gently caressing the barrel of her gun. Evan was similiar to Evie however he seemed to be in thought as he shared various looks with the others. Blaze seemed cold and closed off as he stood with his arms firmly crossed and his gaze locked on Rhea, daring her to move while Ruben seemed to analyse her.

"Look, you guys can kill me right now if you don't trust me but I truly just want to help. Rin didn't deserve what he got, he deserved a long fulfilling life" Rhea finally whispered, her voice cutting through the tense silence. "He spoke of you before...it was only briefly but I knew the second he did, he was nothing more than a man in love".

I hesitated, my eyes flickering up to meet hers while the sound of the heart rate monitor beeping was the only sound to fill the room before finally asking, "what makes you so sure?".

Rhea smiled however her eyes reflected nothing more than sadness, grief and pity.

"I could see it in his eyes" she murmured. "He really did love you"

I could feel my eyes slightly water however I refused to let the tears fall, I glanced around at the other members in the room before finally drawing to my conclusion.

"Alright but the second we have even the slightest suspicion about you then we'll put a bullet straight between your eyes" I threatened, my gaze not leaving Rhea's even as I heard Evie and Evan's protests.

Rhea nodded her head in agreement, a determined gleam in her eye before she stuck out her hand expectantly. I glanced at it distrusting as though it had personally offended me before looking back at Rhea. Her posture may have seemed tense however her eyes were trusting. I nodded slightly before grabbing hold of her hand and firmly shaking it, the deal was set.