Go big or Go home

"Have you lost your mind?" Ruben asked as we gathered around the table.

I ignored him however, choosing to continue eating my bowl of fruit as he waited for my answer. I quickly spared a look towards the others to find them all observing me, waiting for my response. I groaned in annoyance before dropping my fork into the bowl, the cutlery clanging loudly.

"I don't need you guys to lecture me on my choices, I'm aware of the risks and quite frankly last time I checked I was the leader of the Ravens" I bit back, annoyance coating my tone.

"It's a dangerous decision, how are we even sure we can trust her?" Evan asked doubtfully.

"Besides, you should be on bed rest" Ruben piped in.

I sighed loudly, making it clear that I was quickly growing more frustrated with the conversation. Blaze swiftly wrote something down on a piece of paper before holding it up to the group to read.

'If Katrina believes it is what we should do then we shouldn't doubt her'

"Thank you Blaze" I responded gratefully as he nodded in response. "I know you guys don't trust her; hell I don't even trust her but right now we need to consider all of our options."

The other Ravens all glanced at each other before begrudgingly nodding in agreeance. I briefly looked at my phone for the time before standing up and gathering my belongings, the others following in my tracks.

"Let's go, it's time"

. . .

Our footsteps were the only noise that could be heard as we assembled behind the restaurant, along the dark alley. We all wore dark hoods and shielded ourselves away from any source of light.

"You know, I never pegged the Ravens for not being punctual" Rhea's voice sounded throughout the alleyway.

"Be grateful we even turned up" Evan muttered as we all assembled so we were out of sight.

Rhea rolled her eyes in response before shuffling further away. She cautiously looked around before pulling out a rolled up piece of paper and setting it out on one of the boxes thrown away. I raised an eyebrow in questioning as she slowly unrolled the paper. It was a map. Rhea pulled out two pens before separating the map into the two territories, half the Raven's and the other half the Python's.

"If you really want to start a war then I suggest you hit them where it hurts. The Pythons always get new shipments in on the outer decks that are usually closed off, I would start from there." Rhea spoke, her tone firm as her eyes were locked solely on the map set out in front of her.

I watched as she uncapped the pen before circling three sections of the map, my eyebrows furrowed as I realised she had circled closed off shipping sectors and an abandoned warehouse.

"So you're suggesting that we stop their supplies? Don't take offence but I was expecting something a lot more exciting and meaningful than just a simple theft" Evan remarked.

Rhea glared over at Evan before grabbing a green pen and marking three X's on the map.

"These are the three main markets. You have the casino, the restaurant and their nightclub" Rhea explained as she gestured down at the crosses. "Hit at least one of them and that'll really stir things up"

"You want us to start a riot amongst territories?!"Evie growled with her arms crossed.

"No, I'm suggesting you make a statement" she replied bitterly before glancing over at me.

"In case you aren't aware of how things work, we don't cross over to your territory and you sure as hell don't come over to ours" Evie barked out as she slammed her hand down on the table. "It's a mutual agreement and to suddenly go against it would be suicide."

"Are you just naturally stupid or do you actually have to work on it?" Rhea countered back sarcastically. "You guys had your supplies stolen, your men killed and your club trashed...twice I might add"

"Look I hate to say it but she does have a point. The Pythons have continuously crossed over on our territory many times and have made a mockery of us, we have to take a stand" Evan argued before being cut off by Ruben.

"Yeah but we can't just pull this off, we may as well sign our own death warrants."

I sighed deeply as I glanced down at the map. Each location that had been marked were crucial business workings for the Pythons. I scanned each element of the map carefully as plans slowly started to form in my head.

"I never would have picked you for a coward" Rhea laughed snidely at Ruben who smiled coldly back at her.

"It's not cowardice, merely self-preservation" he replied before looking at me with an eyebrow raised. "Hitting these locations wouldn't just be starting a war, it would be starting a blood bath"

"Well we can't just let them walk all over us" Evan cut in, his tone dark.

I rolled my eyes in exasperation as the group broke out into an argument, each trying to make their point heard over the others. I spared a glance over at Blaze who was silently observing the map, his eyes narrowed in concentration. I quietly moved around the table to stand next to him, seeking out his calming presence. He glimpsed over at me before gesturing down at the map, I shook my head in confusion before realisation slowly started to fill my mind. He swiped his finger along all of the marked locations while my eyes followed the trail. My head shot up as I looked at him, a plan finally formed in my mind. He smirked slightly before gently nodding.

"Shut up the lot of you!" I yelled in interference.

The others quickly quietened down as they looked over at me. Rhea looked on in interest as she seated herself on the table elegantly while the others glanced at one another before finally settling their gazes on me.

"Ruben and Evie are right, if we pull these off then it'll officially start a blood bath between us and the Pythons" I started softly before gradually growing more confident with each word I said. "So we either go big or go home."

"So what do you suggest we do?" Evie asked curiously as she peeked over at her twin.

I glimpsed over at Blaze who nodded his head in silent agreeance. I turned back to stare at the group before making my final decision.

"We're going to hit them all"