Special Invitation

Over the course of the month, as we got to know each other I learnt small trivial facts about Rowan such as his favourite colour is blue, he grew up in Ohio and he had a younger brother that owned a popular corporation. My patience was slowly thinning as time continued to pass, when was he going to invite me anywhere? So far, he had continued to separate myself from his boys which was completely ruining my plan.

I confidently strode over to my usual table top, tonight I had chosen tight leather pants, high-heeled boots, a blue tight-skinned shirt and my hair was curled. Lexi walked over with the traditional wine and a knowing smile as she constantly glanced towards the pythons. I waited a couple of minutes before a familiar arm was thrown over my shoulder exposing tattooed knuckles.

"Evening doll face, you're looking very nice tonight" he said lightly.

"You don't look to bad yourself" I stated observing how different his attire was.

Instead of his usual leather jacket and jeans, he was now dressed in a well-fitted black suit and tie. I could sense that something was happening, I felt uneasy at the thought of not knowing what was happening.

"I have a surprise for you" he stated cheekily as he gently pulled on my hands, urging me to follow him.

I hesitantly glanced around towards the secluded corner reserved for the pythons but none of them were in sight. I could feel slight tension rise as he pulled me along. I reassuringly felt for the knife in my boot, gently scraping against my ankle, a reassurance of protection. As he pulled me along, I tried dodging the various people in the club, I could see that we were slowly coming to the back exit of the club. My worry soon increased, what if they had found out who I was?

He politely opened the door for me, following close behind as the gentle wind blew against my face.

"Where are we going?" I asked, my voice tense as my posture stiffened, searching for any threats as my eyes landed on a limo.

"Well, I figured that a classy lady like yourself would prefer to be admired from people worthy enough instead of drunks and party-goers" he chuckled before pulling me along towards the limo.

My months and months of training was slowly starting to kick in as he closed the door behind him and whispered an address to the driver.

"We, my dear, are going to an after-party" he stated before handing me a large box.

I could feel fire slowly starting to burn throughout my body as my excitement bubbled in anticipation at the box. I tenderly lifted the lid before my eyes befell on a beautiful green dress. I laughed at the irony before holding the dress against my body, admiring the fabric and designs.

"It's beautiful" I complimented, looking over to Rowan as he smiled back at me.

"It's for you. I figured you would prefer something more comfortable for the party. I want you to meet my family" he smiled.

I glanced back down at the dress before smiling widely as I recalled his words. 'I want you to meet my family'. I remembered the file that was given to me on Rowan, both of his parents were dead which meant that the only family he had left had to be the pythons. This was it, this was the night I would finally meet the other python members...my plan was finally set into action.

I smirked over at Rowan, my hands clenching the material of the dress as my enthusiasm increased.

"I love a good party" I said positively as I looked out the window at the city passing by.

The streets really were our playground...