A Rat In The Ranks

*Firstly I'd just like to thank Uchiwaru for helping me think of the inspiration for this chapter <3*

"So what's the first step?" Ruben asked as he noted each piece of paper.

"I need their trust. They need to think that I'm weak compared to them because the moment they underestimate me...that's when I'll destroy them" I muttered darkly, glaring down at the pictures of different Python members.

"There's something else you should know..." Evie spoke, her voice hesitant.

I glanced up from the pictures before fixing my gaze upon her. Her eyes shifted back from mine to the others before she shook her head.

"Tell me what" I asked, my voice loud and clear as I casted my eyes over the group.

"The Pythons have been invading our territories and cutting off our supplies" Evan snapped, his eyes narrowed. "They knocked off three of our guys last week, police ruled it off as a dealing gone bad."

I could feel frustration and resentment slowly starting to build, not only had they killed off Rin but they had also killed off three of my men and were stopping our supplies.

"Which supplies?" I asked, already feeling the on comings of a head ache.

"Our liquor, weapons, some side dealings and profits for our businesses" Ruben informed me.

I growled before grabbing my knife from boot and slamming it into the picture of Logan resting on the table. As my anger slowly subsided, I felt a hand gently rubbing my shoulder in reassurance. I nodded in thanks to Blaze before closing my eyes, trying to think of a plan.

"Well...then we'll just have to get it back then wont we?" I asked before smirking, a plan formed in my mind. "Alright, according to my observations they get a shipment in every Wednesday on the port. Blaze, I want you to take out any possible threats and preferably the workers on the dock. Evan and Evie, I want you guys steal the supplies and then stock it into the van. Ruben, I want you to stay with me, we need to see if there is any information or important documents at the port" I commanded, oddly feeling a sense of adrenaline.

. . .

As we watched the dock men maneuver through the port, carrying crates of supplies, the plan settled into action. I adjusted the binoculars before following along with the workers, I counted a total of four men. I nodded towards Blaze in silent encouragement.

'Go get them' I mouthed, watching as he expertly dived off the roof and into the shadows, like a cat in the night.

We watched as two of the men, closer towards the shipment fell down to the ground completely silent, only catching the faint shine of Blaze's knife before it disappeared back into the shadows. I motioned for Evan and Evie to get moving, watching as Evie slinked off towards the shipment while Evan went to get the van, narrowly avoiding the two surviving dock men.

"What now Kitty-Kat?" Ruben whispered softly next to me as we watched our crew assemble, like silent ghosts.

I signaled Ruben to follow me before swiftly climbing down, landing softly on the wooden port before crouching down. I carefully craned my head around the corner, waiting for the signal that the coast was clear. A couple of seconds later, I heard the distinct sound of a bird whistle, the signal. I hurried over towards the main dock house, before creeping through the window, my combat boots landing softly on the wooden floors. I crouched down, dodging Ruben as he climbed in after me before we scrutinized the room. The room was slightly bare however on the far right was a few documents littered about. I walked over towards the paper as Ruben observed the building, my eyes caught sight of various documents, most were just shipment timetables however the last one caught my eye. I felt my eyes widen as shock filled my body, the longer I stared at the document I could feel my anger threatening to overflow.

"What'd you find Kitty-Kat?" Ruben asked before looking over my shoulder at the document.

His face paled before anger distinguished his face, his fists clenched as his eyes narrowed.

"Please tell me that isn't what I think it is?" he pleaded, trying to prevent his anger from getting the best of him.

I sighed deeply before pocketing the document, frustration officially taking over my whole body.

"What the hell are you doing in here?" a voice shouted.

Startled, we turned around to find one of the dock men standing at the door, his cellphone in hand. Before we could react, he started spluttering before falling to his knees revealing Blaze behind him, a bloodied knife in hand.

"Get to the van" I demanded, pushing Ruben along to follow Blaze.

As I looked down at the dying man on the floor, I bent down before carefully laying a single paper crane on his chest. I wanted The Pythons to know exactly who was responsible for this. I strode out of the dock house, running sharply to the van before climbing into the passenger seat with Ruben driving, the twins were seated in the back with Blaze by their side.

"That'll teach those rotten Pythons not to steal from us" Evie growled as Evan nodded in agreement.

Blaze looked on in amusement at the twins but Ruben was silent, his knuckles clenched over the steering wheel as we drove away from the port.

"We need to check our ranks" I spoke softly silencing them.

They glanced at each other in confusion, I looked out at the passing city, the bright lights were calming but the deeply embedded frustration was still present. I could hear the faint sound of pen scratching along paper before being tapped on the shoulder. I looked over, meeting Blaze's concerned face before he held up a piece of paper with his writing on it;

What do you mean?

I closed my eyes before exhaling deeply, I could feel all of their gazes on me as they awaited my answer except for Ruben who was glaring out at the view in front of him as he drove.

"We have a rat in our ranks"