Curiosity Killed The Cat But Satisfaction Brought It Back

"So dinner was fun?" Ruben teased as I finished telling the others what had taken place during dinner the previous night.

"Oh shut up you" I muttered before walking over towards the bench.

"So who are we taking out first?" Evie asked behind me.

"I'm going to take them all out" I muttered darkly while I loaded up my gun. "I might need your assistance however"

I finished loading my gun before turning to face my Ravens. Ruben was gathered with Evan at the table, counting stacks and stacks of money, Evie was sitting closer towards the bench eating a sandwich while Blaze was admiring his knife.

"What about Rhea?" Ruben asked curiously.

I looked over at Ruben, my eyes narrowed. I pondered over his question deeply, 'what was I to do about Rhea?'. I ran my fingers through my hair in frustration before finally reaching my decision.

"A dead Python is the best Python, besides I don't need any loose ends" I said.

I waited as Evie turned to talk to the boys before trying to steal some of her sandwich, unfortunately I knocked my bag off of the counter in the process, all of my accessories falling out. Evie laughed as she looked at the source of the noise before lending a hand.

"Hey Katrina, what's on this?" Evie asked curiously as she held up a USB.

I glanced at the USB in her hand before quickly snatching it from her and admiring it, I didn't recall leaving a USB in my bag. I hastily grabbed my laptop and sat next to Ruben, curiosity burning through me as I waited for my laptop to load up.

"What you got there?" Ruben asked as he looked from counting the money to my laptop.

"I'm not too sure" I responded suspiciously.

*BEEP* *BEEP*

I rolled my eyes before pulling out my phone, groaning at the called ID.

"Hi Rowan" I answered brightly, gesturing for the others to be quiet.

"I know this is sudden but I really need you to get here urgently" he responded, a slight edge to his voice.

"Is something wrong?" I asked confused.

"I just need you to get here" he said.

I rolled my eyes slightly at his command but agreed. I gathered my purse but before I could leave I felt a small tug on my arm. I looked at Blaze who held out a small vial of clear liquid with a grim look on his face. I grabbed the vial and examined it before looking back to Blaze as he held up a single piece of paper;

For your protection

"How much would I need to use?" I asked curiously.

Blaze smiled in response before gesturing me to leave, not giving me a proper answer. I laughed over at him before leaving with a final shout over my shoulder;

"Ruben, check the USB for me!"

. . .

When I arrived at Rowan's penthouse, a sense of dread filled me. I knocked on the door, unsure of what was awaiting me before it opened with Rowan's smiling face on the other side. I smiled back before allowing him to lead me through the penthouse, my gaze falling on a table for two, covered with a pure white cloth, candles and wine glasses.

"What is all this?" I asked confused, expecting something bad.

"Well, considering the last few times we've been out together haven't exactly worked out well in the end...I figured you would prefer a quiet dine in with just the two of us" he said confidently as he lead me to the table and held out my chair for me.

He generously poured wine into our glasses before seating himself across from me. I smiled over at him before we clinked our glasses together. I admired the sea food platter with the salad on the side centered in the table before helping myself to a serving of the salad while Rowan took to the oysters.

"So, tell me about your family" he started.

I hesitated slightly before taking another bite from my salad, trying to buy myself some time. I sighed quietly before finally giving him a response.

"Well I'm an only child" I responded, my eyes slightly downcast. "My mum died when I was two years old"

"Oh, I'm sorry to hear that" he said sympathetically.

"It was just my father and I, he was a very stern man" I continued.

"Well, he has done a fabulous job in raising a woman such as yourself, I look forward to meeting him" Rowan said, sipping his wine.

I quietly snorted into my wine glass, chiding myself for such unladylike behavior before smiling at him.

"Something amusing?" he asked, confused at my response.

"Oh I'm sure he'd love to meet you" I responded, refraining from using sarcasm at the mere thought of my father meeting Rowan.

*Beep* *Beep*

I watched as he pulled out his phone, an alarming look on his face before he smiled apologetically at me and excused himself from the table with a simple "Sorry, I just quickly have to get a parcel from downstairs, it's urgent".

I sighed annoyingly being the sound of my ringtone rang throughout the quiet penthouse. I glanced down at the caller ID, worried as to why Ruben would risk calling me right now.

"Now really isn't a good time" I answered before quickly being cut off by him.

"You need to get out of there now, I've just finished looking at all the files on the USB. They've got everything on you, I'm talking pictures, time schedule and even some pictures of us. They know your identity" Ruben warned, his voice desperate.

"What do you mean?" I asked shocked, unable to believe what he was telling me.

"Just get out of there now! He already took out Tessa, you're next!" he yelled alarmingly.

"I have to go" I replied, hanging up the phone.

I felt anger consume me, pushing my fear aside I quickly skimmed a look over the table, my eyes stopping on the wine. Remembering what Blaze wrote, I swiftly grabbed the vial from my purse, unsure of how much was needed before choosing to pour it all in his wine. I sipped at my own glass as he entered the room with a small box before placing it on the bench and joining me at the table again. He smiled over at me while I smiled back, trying to prevent myself from stabbing my knife into his neck but I knew he could easily overpower me. I watched as he sculled his wine down. Within minutes, noticeable beads of sweat formed on his forehead while his breathing quickened. He fell to the floor, begging me with a simple "Help" but all I did was watch smiling. His gaze hardened at my lack of response before he finally asked "what did you do to me?".

"You really should be more careful, you never know who you can trust anymore" I whispered as I knelt next to him, gently pushing his hair out of his eyes.

"Who are you?" he asked pitifully as he was forced to look up at me.

"I'm sure you've heard a lot about me but allow me to properly introduce myself, my name is Katrina Belmonte" I smiled at him while my eyes were narrowed.

His eyes widened considerable before his breathing started to decrease. I stood up before walking over to the bench and observing the parcel. I grabbed one of the knives in the stand before opening the box. I peered at the contents, countless images of myself were laid out. Some were clearly taken of my time at the club however they were only security footage prints, some were captured of Tessa and I while a lone image at the back portrayed my old self with my new face. Smaller photos consisted of Ruben, Evan and Evie however I couldn't find a photo of Blaze anywhere. Sat neatly on top of the images was a small sticky note that read;

'You have 48 hours to get the job done, whether it be by my hand or yours

-L

"I guess I got you first" I muttered as I leered over at Rowan's lifeless body before making the decision to call the one person I needed right now.

"Dad, I need your help"