The Winner takes it all

"I want two of you at each location while the other ravens will be stationed at the shipping docks. Evan will be with Evie, Blaze with Rhea and Ruben will be with me." I ordered as I eyed my key Ravens before looking at the others gathered around the table. 

I acknowledged all of the others gathered. Lauren was lounging comfortably on the edge wearing a black tank-top, bright red tights and knee high combat boots. Three tall figures were gathered closely near her. Nick, Belle and Jeremy, who I referred to as the troublesome trio. Nick had lime green dyed hair with brown eyes, he was our best I.T guy. He had a dark grey shirt with a brown jacket overtop and dark blue jeans. Belle had dark brown hair with matching eyes and she was mainly known for her hacking skills and her breaking and entering skills. She was dressed in a light pink pastel dress; she was possibly the most angelic one out of all of us. Lastly, there was Jeremy who had charcoal hair and light, honey coloured eyes. He was our main muscle man and anything physical we wanted sorted out was up to him. He wore a tight fitting black t-shirt with black jeans and combat boots.

"It's almost a whole family reunion" Lauren remarked.

"Nick, you'll be helping Ruben and I when we're at the casino. Belle, you'll be going to the abandoned warehouse on the edge of the river, take two of the younger ravens with you. Jeremy, I want you to invade the shipping docks with your guys." I commanded to each figure as they nodded in acknowledgment.

"What about me?" Lauren asked curiously.

"Lauren, I want you to invade the second shipping dock with backup. I want no survivors." I muttered darkly as she nodded excitedly.

"Everyone is to report back here when they're finished and I'm expecting results" I concluded before nodding my head over at Ruben.

I watched as everyone climbed into their vehicles, each leaving one after the other in a trail.

"I've got a good feeling about tonight" Ruben said as we both walked to our cars.

. . .

It had been a while since I felt this. I felt confident, dominant...untouchable. I strutted alongside Ruben who was elegantly suited in a dark grey suit with a sea blue tie while I was styled in a long black dress with a slit up the side, silver earrings and necklace to accessorise while my hair was styled to the side in prominent curls.

"Not bad" Ruben muttered as we made our way to the bar, carefully avoiding the other people amongst the room.

"Just a rum and coke please. Oh and a cocktail as well" Ruben ordered as we sat down, observing our surroundings.

I raised an eyebrow at his drink choices before letting out a small smile. I looked around the casino, admiring its potential. There was various sections of the casino such as the tables where many occupied, the poker machines whose sound effects were echoing throughout the room amongst the endless chatter of the people in the casino.

"Not a bad place" I agreed with Ruben's earlier statement. "Go easy on the drinks though"

Ruben laughed softly as he sipped at his drink while shooting me a lasting smirk. I sighed softly as I turned back to the bar, thoughts clouding my mind. I was gently shaken from my daze by the loud buzzing noise coming from my phone. I glanced down at the message that was sent from Nick.

Everything's in place

-N

"Kat, we have a problem" Ruben whispered anxiously next to me before slyly gesturing across the casino.

I cautiously glanced over in the direction he was pointing at and felt slight panic. Standing on the opposite side of the casino was Logan who was accompanied by Leo. They both were attired in black suits whiles maintaining a cold and closed off expression. I quickly pulled out my phone and dialed Rhea who answered immediately.

"Why the hell didn't you tell us that they would be here?!" I questioned accusingly as my frustration and panic slowly grew.

"Who?" Rhea responded confused, her voice barely audible over the loud music playing in the background.

"Your husband and his devil of a brother" I snapped back as I glared over at another woman who looked over at me.

"What!" Rhea yelled in surprise. "That's not possible, they aren't even meant to be over that side of the city."

I scoffed in disbelief as I scooted closer to Ruben. "Well I'm looking at them right now."

Ruben protectively curled his arm over my shoulders as he shot cautious glances over in their direction.

"Avoid them! Chances are they're just collecting the monthly checks, our system malfunctioned recently so the Pythons have had to make personal appearances for the income" Rhea finally responded after a minute or two. "It's odd though that it would be those two..."

"If this backfires then I can promise you now that you'll be in your grave by tomorrow morning" I threatened before hanging up the call.

I looked back over at Logan and Leo who were now talking to one of the security guards who escorted them through the casino and towards a closed off door.

"We can't hit this casino if they're here" Ruben spoke, his tone laced with worry as his eyes stayed glued to the door that they had just walked through. "We're outnumbered here"

I nodded briefly in agreeance as I quickly thought through different ways to pursue this plan, my gaze scanned throughout the room, admiring each screen displayed in the casino.

"Perhaps it isn't just power we need to establish but wit." I murmured. "Rhea said that their system malfunctioned which means that significant members of the Pythons have to go in person to collect the monthly profits, it would be a shame if that money were to disappear..."

"Yeah but we can't exactly stroll up to them and ask for the money" Ruben advised, "however, I don't understand why Logan and Leo would be coming to collect the profits?"

"It's because they aren't here to collect them" I suggested as a smirk grew amongst my face. "Chances are they came for another aspect of business; we're still pulling this off regardless of them being here or not. This way, now they can get a front row seat."

I monitored the casino, observed how each of the bystanders played amongst the tables while others played on the poker machines.

"I think it's time we had a little pay day don't you think?" I laughed softly as a smirk graced my face.

Ruben smirked in response before glancing around the casino once more. I pulled out my phone and dialed Nick's number. He answered immediately as I instructed what he was to do.

"Just give me the word" Nick answered as I listened to the continuous tapping of his fingers on the keyboard.

"Let's get this party started in three...two....one" I instructed as I watched the chaos erupt.

The various poker machines around the casino sprang to life as lots and lots of money poured out from the slots. I smirked as the various bystanders clouded around the machines, desperate to gather what they could while others were violently pushing through to try and get their share. Ruben and I watched as many scurried throughout the casino towards the machines while security tried to withhold them.

"Thank you Nick, wonderful display" I teased before ending the call as Logan and Leo also rushed out of the closed off area with another man in tow. The three were looking amongst the havoc that had erupted while Logan looked to be ranting and demanding orders.

"Well darling, I don't know about you but I think we've outstayed our welcome" Ruben gestured sarcastically as he offered out his arm.

I laughed at his gesture before grabbing hold of his arm. "I suppose you're right."

We slyly maneuvered our way out while carefully dodging the cold eyes of Logan and Leo. I could feel my hatred for them boil as we left however I was overcome with a sense of accomplishment.

"One down..." Ruben started as we strolled away to the car.

"Five to go" I finished.

"We didn't exactly make much of an impact" Ruben commented.

"That is because we're just getting started." I replied as confidently as I gently pushed my curls behind my ear.

Let the war begin.