A Special Visitor

I groaned out as I tried opening my eyes before being blinded by a bright white room. A small beeping noise was noticeable in the background as I tried to place where I was. I raised a hand up to rub my eyes before eventually being able to open my eyes, I was in a hospital. My eyes blinked as a small shimmer of fear overtook my body before being replaced by relief as my eyes landed on the four figures of my Ravens. Blaze was the first to notice my consciousness as he rushed over, catching the attention of the others who also surrounded the bed.

"Morning sleeping beauty" Evan teased lightly however his eyes showed deep concern as he looked over my bandaged shoulder.

I smiled gently back at them which seemed to stamp out their worry as our attention was drawn to the television hung over the bed which was tuned in on the news, the television showed the reporter Gale Winters who seemed to be addressing the nightclub shooting.

"Gale Winters here and unfortunately tragedy has shaken locals as they recover from a night of bloodshed, John Wright has more, John can you please tell us what has happened?" she asked curiously as she glanced over at the screen presenting John standing out front of The Sirens.

"Indeed I can, as you can see behind me, police are securing the area of where the brutal attack took place. The local phenomenon behind me 'The Sirens' was interrupted by a couple of men wild shooting and striking down innocent bystanders. The club was formally reported vandalised a couple of days ago and last night was supposed to be the re-opening which ended in a night of bloodshed. Police reported twenty-five dead and thirty-nine injured in the attack. Witnesses say the night started out as normal before a group of men opened fire." the reporter responded to his co-worker, his face grim while his voice was grave.

"And have the police given out any information regarding the cause of the attack or any suspects?" Gale asked as the camera once again changed to the screen.

"So far police have withheld any information regarding the attackers or any possible motives for last night's events however families of the fallen victims are distraught and seeking answers, please stay tuned for more" John reported solemnly before the camera once again changed back to Gale.

I closed my eyes, I swear I could feel an oncoming headache. I glanced around at the others who seemed to have occupied themselves; Evie was playing on her phone, Evan was sparing a couple of glances here and there outside while Blaze and Ruben seemed completely content with sitting next to my hospital bed.

"How are you feeling Kitty-Kat?" Ruben finally spoke as he looked at me.

I grimaced before trying to sit up, my body protesting against my movements before Blaze helped me to prop a pillow behind my back. He gently rubbed my head then took his seat once more.

"Sore" I groaned out, my voice cracked and hoarse.

Ruben reached over to grab the jar of water and cup set out on the table next to the bed and poured me a drink. I nodded in thanks as I felt the cold water soothe my throat.

"What happened after I.." I stopped awkwardly before finishing with "you know" I asked confused while playing with the hospital gown.

Glancing down at my body, I realised how many different IV's I was connected to and the heart rate monitor that continuously beeped next to me. I scratched at the annoying material of the hospital gown before awaiting an answer.

"You passed out from blood loss before they finally got a medic. You were rushed to hospital and the rest is history" Evan answered while still glancing outside, the sun slightly reflecting off of his blonde hair.

"Where's my father?" I asked, noting the familiar missing presence that I expected to be here when I woke.

All of the Ravens went quiet as I asked my question, each looking to purposely avoid my gaze while they shuffled about the room. Seconds passed and yet they still continued to remain silent as though none of them dared to answer.

"Well?" I asked again, my voice sterner and no longer cracked thanks to the water.

"He called" Evie started before hesitating, looking over at the others for help before Ruben took pity on her and finished her explanation "He called but he said he was occupied with the businesses and repairing the damage from last night but he said that he wished you well" he said sadly.

I nodded as I felt bitterness tug at my heart, "Oh" I replied finally.

The room was filled with an awkward silence, none of us sure of what to say to each other before the door opened and in walked an older woman dressed in a light blue uniform with a stereoscope around her neck.

"Ah I see you're awake Ms Belmonte" she smiled as she skimmed through my medical information on her board. "Alright well your levels are good and you recovered a lot better than I predicated so you should be right to go home sometime tomorrow. I need you to keep your fluids up and try and take it easy on yourself love"

"Thank you" Ruben replied for me as he watched the nurse bustle about the room.

The nurse nodded before gathering her clip board and walking out of the room however she stopped at the door and smiled back at us.

"You also have a visitor" she stated before finally walking out as the door closed slowly behind her.

My curiosity spiked as I peeked over at the door, a glimmer of hope that my father had finally come to check up on me however my hope was quickly squashed as shock overcame me as a familiar silhouette entered the room. Evan, Evie, Ruben and Blaze all shot out of their seats with their guns held directly at the 'visitor'.

"Rhea"