Pull The Trigger

Loud gun shots rang throughout the club, screams of terror echoed as everybody rushed towards the exit to prevent getting caught in the crossfire. I quickly ducked behind the bar with Ruben and Blaze beside me, we withdrew our weapons before sharing a glance. Simultaneously, we stood before firing back trying to avoid innocent bystanders. I swiftly ducked back down with Ruben and Blaze following.

"How many are there?" I shouted over the noise.

"Seven" Ruben replied, reloading his gun before briefly glancing over the top of the counter.

"Evie? Evan?" I asked before shielding my head as a bullet broke the glass behind the bar, shattering over my head.

"Last I saw they were near the stage" he continued, before firing again.

I shifted my gaze over at Blaze who looked to be in deep thought. I closed my eyes while breathing deeply, my mind running over tons of plans; each crazier than the next.

"Get ready to shoot" Ruben instructed as he glanced at Blaze and I.

I quickly counted to three before standing up and taking fire. One of my bullets managed to wound one of the guys while two others laid dead on the floor. My eyes skimmed over the Pythons who remained viscous and protected by our tables and using the various bystanders to their advantage.

"That's a hell of a lot more than seven!" I shouted frustratingly.

I spared a glance up towards the upper level of the club, a few more of my Ravens were there desperately shooting back while dodging any stray bullets. I peered around the side of the club bench watching as more members of the Pythons fired at us, intimidating and unafraid of the death that might befall them. I squealed slightly as a body slammed down to the ground next to me, it was a young girl that looked to be just out of school. Her emotionless eyes pierced mine as she lay there, unmoving, dead. Blaze was a force to be reckoned with as he fearlessly leapt over the bench towards a fallen table before shooting his gun at the enemy, each shot meeting it's target. He took down five men before taking cover again to reload his gun. I could feel my heart beating loudly in my ears as my palms became sweaty. Looking over at Blaze, he held up three fingers towards me before counting down to one. I quickly took aim and shot, my bullet hitting its intended target however only wounding him while another quickly moved to cover his fallen member before shooting at me. I cried out in pain as I felt a sharp piercing feeling on my shoulder. Falling back down behind the bar, I glanced down at the blood seeping from my shoulder as streams of pain erupted my body.

"Kat! You alright?!" Ruben exclaimed worriedly as he crouched next to me.

I closed my eyes tightly as another stream of pain travelled through my arm, nodding slightly in response to his concern.

"Blaze! Hurry up and take them out! Kat's been shot!" He shouted over to our deadliest raven who in return nodded before leaping up from behind the table and taking down another four Pythons.

Ruben ripped off some of the bottom portion of his shirt before wrapping it tightly around my shoulder. I could hear the deafening sound of police sirens echoing outside before hearing the quick scuttle of feet.

"Stay out of the streets!" I heard before another quick range of bullets were fired before silence.

I glanced at the upper floor, some of my men were injured while others laid dead about the club. I climbed to my feet with the assistance of Ruben before looking at the state of the club, bodies were aligned along the floor, members of both gangs fallen.

"Evie! Evan!" I shouted in worry before sighing in relief as I saw a familiar set of blonde hair appear from behind the drum sets on stage.

Evan was limping slightly and has a small cut embedded on his cheek while Evie looked slightly out of breath and was leaning against her brother. I breathed deeply as i slightly felt lightheaded, I felt my breathing escalate as my vision blurred. I groaned before i felt my legs give way as I fell to the ground.

"Somebody, We need a medic in here now!"