<<Part Five>>

"Your cold lies they sicken me, your evil greed is haunting me."

p a r t f i v e

D e f y i n g T h e A l p h a

///

I stare at Adrian with wide eyes. What on Earth is wrong with this male? Is he crazy! I am not his, never will be!

"This isn't funny, take me to my room Adrian." I growl in irritation.

Adrian's cold eyes darken and he grips my chin with his fingers. He makes me look him in the eye which is extremely nerve wracking. "Never demand me again, child. Learn your place and learn to respect me. Also, you have no right to call me by my first name, it's alpha to you."

I cower away from his scary tone that sends chills down my spine. The things this male does to me confuses me. One minute I could lick his face and the next I could spit. He terrifies me yet intrigues me. I have no way of understanding these swarms of emotions I feel, but I do feel as if they're suffocating me, drowning me.

"Let the girl go." A sweet voice said suddenly. I peer over Adrian's shoulders to see a small women who looks as if she's in her late thirties.

"Nora, leave." Adrian's harsh voice commanded.

"Adrian James Nixon, you don't get that tone with me. Let go of the girl now." The woman whose name is Nora scolded. Nora is beautiful for someone her age. Her hair is a honey ash color that flows in curls down to her mid-waist. She has similar eyes to Adrian which make me believe they could be related. Nora stands at an average height and is on the heavier side but it could be because she is carrying a pup.

"Nora, this is my female." Adrian said to the woman. Thankfully Adrian releases me which allows my breathing to return to normal.

I scoff and cross my arms over my chest. "I am not your female."

Nora raises an eyebrow at me and then Adrian. "Nixon? Explain."

"Later, I need to settle in my female before she has a fit." Adrian said while plastering a fake smile on his face.

"I will not! You're the one who is trying to tell me I am staying in your room! I don't even know you, I am not your female, we are not mates." I said defiantly.

Adrian rolls his eyes and grabs my arm harshly. I feel sparks ignite as our skin makes contact. I let out a startled gasp at the unfamiliar feeling. "No freaking way." I muttered in disbelief. How did I not notice this before when his fingers were gripping my chin? How could I not feel something as magical as this? Did my fear for this male really block this amazing feeling out?

"You're so dumb." Adrian said as he flings my arm away from him as if it's a disease. I feel a little bit of pain crashing into my heart at his statement. I have to say it's the mate-bond, it's the simple fact that I now don't acknowledge this male as my alpha or my dominant, I acknowledge him as my mate, my lover, my protector.

"Adrian, be nice to her! If this is your female you should treat her like she is." Nora said with an angry look upon her petite face.

"Nora butt out, I will be treating this female how she acts and as of right now she acts as a spoiled little brat, a child. There is a reason she was sent her, and it wasn't because she is my mate." Adrian's apathetic tone hit a nerve within me that made me want to break down and cry. I could feel the tears begin to storm on it so I do my best to keep myself together. I can't allow Adrian to know that he gets to me.