Thirty Seven

"Too much faith can leave a heart broken."

p a r t   t h i r t y   s e v e n

D e f y i n g   T h e   A l p h a

//

     Alex is a mystery to me. I listen to him speak to Adrian about things that I never knew interested Adrian. I've learned that Adrian and Alex are in fact brothers which isn't surprising since I remember Alex standing up for me and Adrian calling Alex 'brother' as he proceeded to tell him to butt out of it. I never did get that punishment, but I know something is going to happen. That price, from before. It's bound to show up sooner or later, it's what that has me hanging on a thread.

Alex drives back to Adrian's pack since it's Atlas's vehicle, and Luke and I took Jane's car. I assume Adrian and Alex ran in wolf form to Atlas's pack.

"Hey, we are here." Luke said, snapping his fingers in the air to catch my attention. I shake my head and nod curtly. Words couldn't describe how angry I am towards Luke.

I turn to Jane and smile sadly at her. I grew fond of her, very fond of her. She will definitely be missed. "I hope to see you again very soon." I said while squeezing her shoulder.

"We will." She said with a small smile. Little does Jane know is that I was saying that for a completely different reason. Adrian won't let me out for awhile after the stunts I pulled. I won't see the daylight any time soon.

I exit the car and walk to the other side where Atlas stands. "Well, this is goodbye." I said with a small smile. Despite all, he is a part of my life now. He is a brother, even if it isn't by blood. I wanted to ask more about our sister, but I was absorbed in myself. What was her name? What was she like?

"Promise me to be safe, I already lost a sister. Don't make me lose you as well, Angel." Atlas said with a sad smile.

"What was our sister's name?" I asked.

"Haven, her name was Haven." Atlas said.

I embrace Atlas for a moment before releasing him. "Goodbye." I said as I walk beside the boys and into the pack house.

"So, what're we going to do about Angel's condition?" Luke asked, as we enter Adrian's office.

"I have a plan." Alex said, taking a seat on a chair. We wait in silence for Alex to proceed. "Angel, why do you have to kill someone? What part do you thirst for the most?"

Easy. "The blood." Is this trivia all of a sudden? Thought this was a plan.

"Exactly. You don't have to kill someone to drink their blood. Atlas said he drinks the blood of animals, right?"

"I believe so, but I am sure he drinks human blood every now and then." I answered.

"So, we train you on animal food. We will at first mix some human blood that was from someone unharmed, then we slowly wean you off it. Maybe if we mix the two you won't notice." Alex pointed out. Spoke too soon about the whole 'thought this was a plan' thing.

"This could actually work. How do we get blood without harming someone?" Luke asked.

"Hospital." Adrian and I answer at the same time.

"We can have the pack doctor get some from the hospital." Adrian spoke thoughtfully.

"That issue is settled." Alex said, a small smile is sent my way.

"Now, we must discuss another one. So, since you decided to defy me by running away with Beta Luke, you both will be punished." Adrian said with a wicked grin.

I feel my heart sink a little lower into my chest. I knew, I knew it! I just wanted to be wrong.

"What is it?" Luke's angry voice flies through my ear.

"Collars."  

A gasp flies out of my mouth as I stare at Adrian in horror. "No!" I exclaimed.

Luke doesn't say anything. His face is blank, his eyes are cold. A part of me wonders if he expected something so treacherous like this? 

"Adrian don't do this." Alex warned.

"Please Adrian!" I plead.

Adrian smirks slightly. "Why shouldn't I? You knocked me out, I collar you. An eye for an eye." 

"I hardly would call that an eye for an eye. This is outrageous, it's absurd. You don't have to do this. You know what happens to people who are collared. They are fully controlled by the master who put the collar on. They lose everything, tell me you aren't that cruel." I said mortified. 

Adrian rubs his chin thoughtfully. It's as if he was rethinking his decision. A glimmer of hope sparks within me as he sighs deeply. "I guess I am that cruel." That little glimmer of hope, vanishes.

"Adrian, this isn't the right idea. Do it to me, I'm fine with that. I deserve that but don't take it out on Angel, she didn't betray you at all. I am your beta, she isn't anything like that. You both don't feel anything towards each other so instead of keeping her here and torturing her why don't you just reject her and get on with your life?" Luke asked, raising an eyebrow. Angry radiates off him as he stares into his alpha's eyes. 

The two powerful males continue a stare off for a few moments before Adrian breaks the stare and averts his attention to me. His eyes stare into mine, it's as if they're searching for any surge of emotion. He wants to see how I am affected by Luke's suggestion of being rejected. 

"Anything to say, Angel?" Adrian asked, his tone was quiet yet sinister.

I take a deep breath and finally decide to do something that I never thought I would do. "I would rather be collared than rejected."

Adrian mouth forms into a smirk. Luke looks at me in shock. "Angel!" Luke exclaimed.

"Angel don't say anything you will regret." Alex warned with wide eyes.

"Now this is the attitude I like to see from my little mate." Adrian said as that smirk stays on his face.

Then, as if nothing ever happened. I did something, I was oddly familiar with.

I let any trace of emotions fly away and disappear.

Now, I'll be the cold one.

**

So, for those of you confused. Angel shut off her feelings. It's a process that even us humans can do. When someone is hurt so bad they have the abilities to 'shut off' their emotions. They hide them. I don't promote it what-so-ever. It truly is a dark dark place.

ALSO! I DON'T PROMOTE ABUSE OF ANY SORT! IF YOU ARE ABUSED PLEASE REACH OUT TO SOMEONE AND GET HELP!

ALSO, THIS STORY IS GOING TO GROW VERY DARK, EMOTIONALLY AND PHYSICALLY. IT MAY BE TRIGGERING. 

NOW, I UNDERSTAND 100% IF YOU NO LONGER ARE INTERESTED IN THIS STORY AFTER LEARNING THAT IT'S GOING TO BECOME DARK, BUT I REALLY HOPE IT WILL ONLY INCREASE YOUR INTEREST IN MY BOOK!

{VOTE} {COMMENT} PLEASE!

RQ

WHERE ARE YOU GUYS FROM?

ARE YOU MALE OR FEMALE?

THANK YOU!