<<Chapter Twenty>>

"Don't ever think I need more, I got the one to live for."

p a r t   t we n t y

D e f y i n g   T h e   A l p ha

///

     Adrian's smirk grows wider at the horror that is etched on my face. How the fu*ck did he know where to find me? I can't believe Adrian actually found me, just as Jane was predicting it.

Jane...

"Did you have anything to do with this?" I sneered with venom dripping out of my mouth like tidal waves.

Jane looks mortified at my accusation. "No! I swear I wouldn't do that to you."

How is Adrian on BloodHaze's pack land? Shouldn't the alpha be upset? I wonder.

Adrian is hidden on the treeline, also known as the border, so maybe he isn't here on Codine's permission.

"Are you okay?" Jane asked worriedly.

I nod curtly but avert my attention to Adrian who appears to be a few feet closer then before. "What do we do?" I asked Jane with fear laced in my voice. I won't lie, I am terrified of facing Adrian's wrath, although it wasn't my fault that I got captured, I am sure he would find some way to blame me.

"I could just drive away?" Jane asked with a proud look on her face.

I shake my head swiftly dismissing her ridiculous idea. "Adrian can track us, he knows your car by now and my scent, probably your scent as well." I pointed out.

Jane begins to look afraid as she watches Adrian smile wickedly at us. "We have to get out of here." She begins to tremble in fear as she watches me stare intensely at Adrian.

Jane is right, but not about me, she has to get out of here. I can't risk her danger, which means I have to do the one thing I swore I never would do again, ever since the chain incident.

Submit.

"I'm going to go with him, I want you to leave immediately, don't look back just go." I ordered swiftly. Time is ticking and I know it's only a matter of time before Adrian comes and takes me once again, might as well save a hassle and go to him willingly, I need to do this for Jane.

"What about Atlas?" Jane asked nervously.

I think thoroughly before answering her. "Tell Atlas that when we were in town, I left to the restroom and when you came to look for me, I was gone but you could smell Nixon territory in the area."

Jane nods and looks directly into my eyes. Her hazel eyes are fierce and burning like a newly lit flame. "Remember who you are, and your worth. But don't forget your place.'' I stare at her for a moment as I let her words sink into my skull. Who I am, my worth, and my place..

"Goodbye Jane." I said as I got out of her little beetle.

"Until we meet again, Angel." Jane said as she backed out of the driveway and away from me, and my doom.

I stand at the end of the driveway with my attention on Adrian who begins to advance toward me. No emotions are over his face anymore, it's stone cold. I know what's coming next, yet I can't believe it's ending so easily, so quick. This isn't how things were supposed to be, I am supposed to be free. Now, it's being snatched away from me once again.

Adrian now only stands a few feet away from me. A wicked smirk is plastered on his face. I hate to say that as much as I hate him, I am glad to see him, only the slightest. As complicated as it may sound, he is my mate and I find a small piece of comfort with him. I check him out for a moment. His hair is messy yet sexy, his eyes are more vibrant than ever. He wears no shirt which reveals his delicious abs to me. Despite his awful attitude this male is extremely good looking.

"Now, now, what do we have here?" Adrian said mockingly.

I narrow my eyes at him as his smirk grows wider. "Just take me back." I growled as I stalked to him. Once I was arms lengths away from him he pulls me into an embrace. His masculine scent surrounds me.

Why is he hugging me? Do I push him away? Or do I just let it happen? I guess this isn't so bad.. No! I can't do this. I shove Adrian away and wipe away a few fallen tears that have escaped my eyes. All the emotions in that one hug made me feel weak. I can't allow myself to fall for him, not after everything he has done. This bond is growing too strong, and too quick. It sickens me how one touch can make me fall at my knees. I hate how this makes me feel. My emotions have never been so scattered before.

"Don't fight it, Angel. In the end you'll lose." Adrian said sternly. His eyes pierce into mine, so many emotions are dancing in his eyes.

"I can't! I can't love you Adrian.'' I cried desperately. I can't, I can't love this beast. Not after everything he's done to me. "Why are you doing this to me? Huh! Is this a part of your cruel game? I don't understand you, you push me away only to pull me back." I sobbed in confusion. The emotions just pour out of me as I sob helplessly. I have no idea what is happening to me. Why am I loosing my grip?

"Angel, do you know what I felt when you were gone? I looked for you everywhere and I couldn't find you. I tried and tried. I have never been so afraid to loose someone in my entire life and that scares the shi*t out of me. I can't loose you, as much as I hate you defiance I can't lose you, not now, not ever. I don't give a da*mn what kind of game you think this is." Adrian said with so much emotions coursing through.

It's as if my feet are their own person, they carry me into Adrian's arms where I am once again latched into his masculine scent.

I am not sure what I am feeling, but I know there is something. I don't want this, but maybe I need this.

The question is, why does Adrian want this? What changed?

///

Now, before you guys hate on Angel for giving into the mate-bond think about it, it's as if a whole part of you urns for that person. Her emotions get the best of her and she can't help but give in. THIS IS NOT ANGEL'S ACTUALLY FEELINGS, IT IS THE MATE-BOND. I am just stating that so people don't think I am just abruptly rushing their relationship, it's just the mate-bond but as for Adrian, I can't say anything ;)

Vote&Comment.

You guys have until Midnight to get to Eighty for another update today.

If you guy's what two updates Friday you need,

Goal:

85 votes

20 comments.

Thank you.

Three days till Christmas guys! :)