Thirty Nine

"Remember, even in the darkest hour there is always a light."

p a r t t h i r t y n i n e

D e f y i n g T h e A l p h a

So, I might change the title of this book to Becoming The Alpha's Luna? Or should I keep the title?

//

"Come here, Angel." Adrian instructed, gesturing with his pointer finger.

I look over to Luke who's still looking at Adrian coldly. Deep down, I wanted one of the boys to jump to my rescue and demand that Adrian not do this. I knew better, I wasn't the only one afraid to defy Adrian, but one day I will defy this alpha.

I tentatively walk over to Adrian until I am right in front of him. I keep my head bowed in respect.

Adrian pushes back my hair, accidentally touching my neck, causing sparks to ignite. A startled gasp escapes my lips, I look up to see Adrian's face stone cold.

As I look into his eyes I realize what the voice meant.

"Monsters aren't born, they're made." It's true. Adrian wasn't born a monster, he was made into one.

"Adrian, please don't do this." I plead. I unlock my emotions and let them fly free. I shouldn't but I have to. Tears slip down my face as I stare into Adrian's cold face.

"I have to, you disobeyed me." Adrian said, his voice was rough, forced.

I shake my head frantically. "No! You don't. Adrian, please don't destroy this."

Adrian's face turns into anger. "I don't even know what this is, Angel."

I am taken back slightly. I didn't expect him to say that. "It's nothing right now, but with time it could be something. I promise you, Adrian Nixon, if you put that collar on me I will never forgive you, and any hope you had for us can be forgotten." I threatened with narrowed eyes.

Adrian is silent as he stares at me. His eyes wander my face, yet his angry expression stays the same.

Then, it happened. It was in a blink of an eye, I couldn't even think before it happened.

Adrian Nixon placed his lips upon mine, the b*astard kissed me.

His lips are soft as they mold perfectly with mine. My mind was frozen. All I could feel was his lips and the enchanting sparks that were igniting. Deep down inside, I knew this was wrong. I shouldn't give in so easily. I shouldn't want this, desire this. Sadly, I gave into my temptations.

"Desire will expire and all will go haywire. Remember this feeling when everything turns red and all you feel is anger."

I suddenly snap out of the bliss and shove Adrian away from me. I stare at him in anger. "How dare you?" I seethe.

Adrian raises an eyebrow. "What?"

I scoff. "Seriously? You just kissed me."

Adrian smirks. "Yeah, and you kissed me back."

I open my mouth to argue but shut it when I realize he's right. I did kiss him back. "Whatever." I mumbled.

"It's always one step backwards with you isn't it?" Adrian said, angry surfacing.

"What?" I asked, surprised.

"You heard me, when something goes right you turn away and get scared."

I begin to laugh uncontrollably, after a few moments my laughing turns to sobbing. I stare at Adrian with rage. "Every time I begin to trust you-you destroy it! I genuinely belived you when you said you wouldn't punish me, or that I wouldn't have a price to pay. I learned how dearly wrong that was. You chained me to a shed for seven months! Seven months, you left me out in the cold, the rain, the snow, the burning heat. You let me go days without food or water. You broke me in ways I never could imagine. So, I'm sorry if I can't trust you easily, but you're the one who doesn't give me any reasons to."

Adrian's face falls and sadness makes his way to his face. Adrian looks at me for a moment before walking out of the room, leaving the boys and I in silence.

"I'm going to go talk to him." Luke said, getting up from his seat. I stare at Luke with a hint of admiration. His alpha was going to collar him yet he is still willing to help him.

A few minutes of silence pass when Alex speaks. "He wasn't always like that."

I look up from the ground and look to my right where he is sitting. "What do you mean?"

"Adrian wasn't always a monster. He used to be a good kid, full of happiness. He cared deeply for others. He was wise even for a young boy. My mother was so proud of him, but my father found him weak. Adrian didn't belong in the Nixon family so my father believed. Adrian was too kind for my father's liking.

He believed that alpha's were meant to be monsters, were supposed to be cold, ruthless. I never was meant to be an alpha, my father sought out to that. It was always Adrian. Yet, as Adrian got older my father began to realize how pure my little brother was. So my father started abusing Adrian, he was chained to a shed, he was collared, he went without food. He was whipped. You name it, Adrian faced it all. Although this doesn't justify his behavior, I hope you realize that he wasn't always this way, meaning he can be changed."

"Monsters aren't born, they're made. But remember, even in the darkest hours there is always a light. Find that light in Adrian, and restore him. To do that, you must defy him, show him that Alpha's aren't monsters, they are leaders, guiders."

How do I do that?

"You become a leader, a guider."

So I become an alpha?

"No, you become a Luna."

**

So I thought I would update a few times today as my way of saying thank you to getting DTA to 16 in the What's Hot List! I remember seeing a comment saying that they are disappointed that they wasted time reading a book that probably won't leave the "undiscovered'' section. This obviously proves that one person wrong! So thank you guys!

Also, I'm sorry for those of you who wanted angel to be emotionless longer but It didn't seem right. Also, I am an on-the-go type of writer so nothing is truly planned besides the main plot. It's how I write. I'm sorry if the story is turning into something you don't like, but I won't change it..

So, thoughts on changing the name to 'Becoming The Alpha's Luna'? Or 'Saving The Alpha' or do I keep it?

{VOTE} {COMMENT}

Thank you again!

RQ

How did you find my book?

What is your favorite book on Wattpad in the Werewolf section?