Forty One

"Fight or flight, was the decision ever mine?"

p a r t   f o r t y   o n e

D e f y i n g   T h e   A l p h a

6:05

1/25/16

/

     My eyes nearly bulged out of their sockets. "You're kidding right?"

Adrian shakes his head swiftly, he sighs deeply before averting his gaze back to me. "No, I'm not. It's not for the reasons you think. People know about you now, you no longer are a secret. The other alpha's are aware of you, and that you are my mate. Which means the council will find out and if I haven't marked you they'll begin to question my title, my power. I can't have the council questioning me, not right now. I was already caught talking to another alpha without reasoning." Adrian explained, a hint of fear evident under the coldness in his voice.

I was so confused. What did Adrian mean by the council? What do they have to do with this? "What are you talking about?" I never have met a council member, not since I was a baby. 

"I have to mark you. Once an alpha finds his mate he is to mark her immediately or within a short period of time." Adrian said, a frown etched onto his face. Why? Why must he mark me? This isn't what I want!

I raise an eyebrow at him. "I don't believe you. I have never heard about that."

"It's true. Ask anyone. I wouldn't lie about something so seriously." Adrian said.

"Why? Why are you bringing this up now? I don't understand why you have to mark me now, you should've done it a long time ago so obviously the council aren't suspicious." I pointed out.

"Like I said, people especially alpha's have taken notice. After that little encounter with Atlas the suspicion escalated. I don't have a choice in the matter. If I don't mark you I could lose my position as alpha, and I'm sorry to say that won't happen, never. I will mark you with or without your consent, but I would really prefer to mark you with your consent." Adrian explained.

I didn't want to accept it nor believe it. Except it all made sense. Adrian wasn't ever worried about me being harmed, he was worried about me being noticed. Unfortunately I had different plans for Adrian. I had to defy him, make him realize he isn't a monster.

"When?" I asked, head held high. My eyes meet his and a glimmer of surprise flashes through them.

"Soon, I will give you a few days to process this." Adrian said.

I nod curtly. "I'm going to go to my room, if that's alright?" I asked, with cautious eyes.

"It's fine. Goodnight Angel." Adrian said, as he grabbed a few papers from a drawer.

I walked to the door and before I exited I turned around to look at Adrian who was already engrossed in the papers. "Goodnight, Adrian."

I was almost to my room when I ran into a buff form. "Ow." I said as I rubbed my nose, which connected with a rock hard chest.

"Sorry." Said Luke, a small smile gracing his lips.

I narrowed my eyes at him and made a move to walk around him, he caught me by my arm and yanked me back, a startled gasp escapes my lips. "Let me go." I said through gritted teeth.

"No, I need to talk to you." Luke said, a serious expression washing over his face.

"Why?" I asked, still narrowing my eyes at him.

"It's urgent, please just give me five minutes." Luke pleaded.

I looked at him for a moment before sighing softly. "Fine, five minutes. Let's talk in my room." I yanked my arm back and walked around his form, I advanced down the hall until I reached my door. I walked in with Luke right behind me. He shut the door as I walked over to my bed. I plopped down and sighed deeply as I suddenly grew tired. It felt like I hadn't slept in forever.

"Okay, Alex told me what he said to you. What're you planning to do with that information?" Luke asked, catching me off guard. Don't tell me this is what he wanted to talk about.

"I'm not in the mood to talk about it, and honestly I don't know yet. So, if that is all kindly escort yourself out my door." I said, annoyance hinted.

Luke sighed deeply before sitting at the edge of my bed. He looks at me with caution. "If Jane did something bad, something that could get her hurt would you tell someone?"

What kind of question is that? "Yes, why?"

"That's exactly what I did. I called Adrian for your safety, not to be a jerk or to betray you. Adrian has been my best friend since we were kids, so maybe I did betray you, but I will never betray him. He is like my brother, I would kill for him, die for him. You have to understand, Adrian and I have a bond that you may never understand. He is my alpha, my leader, my brother, my guider. I am his beta, his protector, his brother, his guider." Luke explained, admiration splashed on his face like a canvas.

"It still hurt, I trusted you." I whispered.

"I know, I didn't mean to hurt you." Luke said. "I have to go help Adrian now. Please remember what Alex said. Adrian wasn't born this way, he was made this way. If there is anyone who can fix him it would be you.'' Luke said.

"You just said you two have a bond that is something I will never explain, how come you can't change him?" I asked, curiosity growing like a wild flower.

Luke chuckles and eyes me carefully. "Our bond is strong, but not as strong as yours."

"What do you mean?" I asked exasperated.

" You will save him from the darkness that is inside him. Let me be blunt, Angel, you are the light that will guide him out of his darkness."

"You are the luna to our alpha. Once he marks you, let the plan begin."

"What plan?"

"Don't play dumb. The plan to defy him of course."

I knew what I had to do, I will allow Adrian to mark me, then the plan begins. 

Be prepared, my dear alpha, your never going to know what hit you.

**

:) Hope you enjoyed this chapter!

Vote and Comment!

Also, at the top of my chapter it shows a time and date, it's to let you guys know when I updated in case your time zone is different then mine. I UPDATE EVER DAY MY TIME.

Also, the lack of votes are bugging me. Like I said, over 1k reads but only around 100 votes? That's a little rude in my opinion, I mean come on, you read the story for free and although it may not be 'great' you still are reading by choice, the least you can do is tap a lousy button and leave a simply comment. I do appreciate those of you who do:)