Thirty Five

"Sometimes walking into a new nightmare is worse than staying in the one you're trapped in."

p a r t   t h i r t y   f i v e

D e f y i n g   T h e   A l p h a

So, There are a few topics I want to discuss. One being the whole 'please update' comments. I don't mean to sound rude but please if that's all your going to comment don't bother at all. It really doesn't motivate me to update faster. I will update when I CAN. I don't need to be reminded. I'm thankful you enjoy my story and want to continue to read more but I don't get paid to do this, I can't just drop everything and update. I'm sorry, but it's the truth and it's been bugging me for some while now.

Next, please stop with the book comparisons. I get that my book may be similar to other popular werewolf books, and I am telling you now that it is coincidental, if you don't like it then don't read my book. I'm sorry to be so rude about it but seriously it makes me feel bad because your comparing my book to someone else's and although some may see that as a compliment I simply find it offensive seeing how it's like you're saying my book isn't original enough and is a copy of another book. So please, stop.

Lastly, I know this may sound greedy and kind of selfish but I get over 1k reads and only roughly around 100 and above votes. I am so thankful for those of you who do read my story but honestly when I see all those reads and that small amount of votes it makes me feel a little upset. I don't mean to sound greedy because I truly am thankful for all you amazing readers! But seriously, I don't get any money from this, the least you ghost readers can do is leave a simple vote, I mean how hard is it? You read my book for FREE, you pay no money at all. Although I am super thankful that you are reading my story, I just feel as if I deserve a little bit more. THANK YOU to those who do take time to vote and comment, it really means a lot to me. I am sorry if any of this seemed rude, it wasn't my intention, I just wanted to get this out there.

Please enjoy the short chapter and hopefully I will have another one later today.

//

     I stare at Silvene in confusion. The devil? Games? This is all too chaotic.

"What do you mean?" Adrian asked. Silvene looks from Adrian to me. Her eyes glimmer in amusement, almost as if she knows something we don't. Which is convenient seeing how she does! My gosh this woman can stop speaking in riddles now.

"I mean what I said. It's dangerous and very dark. She could risk many things by not completing the mating process." Silvene explained.

"Wait you never mentioned the mating process." I blurted out in horror. Adrian and the others all turn to look at me in confusion.

"Sweetie, the marking is the first part of the mating ceremony. It's what bonds you together and creates a spark that courses through your veins." Silvene said with a small crooked smile.

My mouth forms an 'o' shape and I begin to blush in embarrassment. "Oh, yeah."

"What dangerous, dark things could happen?" Atlas asked. My father snaps his head towards his step son. I can see a hint of angry towards Atlas which confuses me.

"Well, many things. Angel could risk losing her soul to the devil, could risk being possessed by one of his demons. Many tragic things could happen if we don't go the safe route." Silevene explained in a strangely calm voice.

"So all they have to do is mate and mark one another and then you can do it?" Alex asked, suddenly stepping closer to my father.

"Yes, that is all." Silvene informed with a smile forming on her face. The smile sends unwatned shivers down my spine. I get an odd feeling from her and the man who is supposedly my father. I don't understand what Adrian has to do with me blocking or getting rid of my werewolf form.

"Why? Why do Adrian and I have to mark each other aside from the devil stuff?" I asked with narrowed eyes. Silvene's smile falters and her eyes widen slightly. I can see she wasn't expecting any questioning further than the basics.

Silvene quickly recovers and clears her throat and that wicked smile is back. "Well, your mate bond would be stronger than it is now, I can feel that you don't feel anything for one another. Only sexual desires and even that isn't that strong. The spell I would have to cast is extremely powerful and could hurt you and your wolf. It also prevents the devil from being able to reach out to you. Dark magic is affiliated with him. The ancestors of those who were born into a black magic family are also a threat. Although I haven't heard of black magic witches being summoned by this spell, it doesn't mean it won't or couldn't happen. It overall is for your safety, unless you want to risk playing games with the devil."

"So what? The two of them screw and bite each-other and then bam, it's ready to happen?" Atlas questioned, with scrutinizing eyes.

"Yes, precisely." Silvene said.

My heart begins to beat rapidly as everything settles into my mind. The only way to stop this nightmare is to enter another one, and that nightmare could be far worse and daunting. This nightmare is terrifying enough, but the one I would have to enter seems scarier.

I look to Adrian who has his eyes trained on me. I sigh deeply before looking back to Silvene.

"So, what will it be?" Silvene asked. I can feel everyone's gaze on me. I stand in my place, paralyzed. Either way I am doomed. The thought of being bonded to Adrian makes my blood boil, but my blood turns ice cold with the thought of murdering someone again.

"No, I won't do it."  

**

I'm sorry for the really late and overdue chapter! I've been in some sort of funk and haven't wanted to write. 

I want to inform everyone that after the 25th my updates will become less frequent, but still consistent. I am going back to public school so I will be very busy since I missed exams. 

Please show your support by voting and commenting. 

Also, the A/N at the top wasn't meant to offend anyone.