Clever Codine, Clever (46)

"Love me with all or don't love me at all."

Sorta rushed, sorry. Not a lot of details, sorry. But here's an update! Yes, it was sudden, trust me, I know. It was that way for a reason. :)

RQ

Favorite Social Media app?

Are you a writer or a reader?

Any 'The 100' fans?

#Bellarke

p a r t f o r t y s i x

D e f y i n g T h e A l p h a

The three girls look at me in confusion. They probably think I am insane. Yet, if they thought hard enough they would put the pieces together. Why would Codine take just Nixon and Atlas's pack members? They have issues.

"How often does Codine come down here?" I asked, looking at the girls.

"Codine comes down four times a day. Once in the morning, once in the afternoon and twice at night." Jane answered.

"What times?" I asked, having a plan initiate in my head.

"Early morning, right after the sun rises. Late afternoon when the sun is starting to set, and then the last two are around the time the moon shines its brightest." Zoey said, a deep sigh escaping her lips. "Don't bother trying to escape. It doesn't work, and if Codine catches you-you'll end up like those girls." Zoey's gaze was on the stack of dead girls. I cringe at the sight and immediately look away.

"Have any of you tried to escape?" I asked, looking to Zoey, who's been here longer then Cambria, Jane and I.

"Numerous times. None get me very far. Codine won't kill me, but he does give me a beating. Other times I fail or give up." Zoey sighed softly, shaking her head.

"Quite! He's coming." Jane whispered, with frantic eyes. I flinch in fear of what is to come, what is to be expected. Did he hear us?

Loud footsteps advance until we can see Codine wearing a devilish smile on his face. "Hello girls, I hope you didn't miss me too much." It takes everything within me not to scoff but my facial expression doesn't fool Codine. "Why such hateful eyes, Angel?"

I flinch slightly, yet remain calm. "Sorry, sir." I said, respectfully.

Codine seems impressed. "Well, you sure learn quickly. I am sure your fellow peers have explained to you what will happen if you disobey my commands. Now, what did I tell everyone about warning newbies of the punishment. Gosh, you take the fun out of it all."

I scrunch my face up in disgust. How can he possibly find this fun? He kills for fun, he tortures for fun. This game is for fun.

"What do you have against Adrian and Atlas?" I asked, fierce eyes trained on him.

Codine is surprised by my question. A scowl replaces that devilish smile that I was beginning to loathe. "Don't ask questions, especially ones like those." He demanded coldly.

I raise an eyebrow. "Why not? That wasn't one of your rules." I pointed out, the cockiness just rolling off my tongue without any control.

"Angel!" Cambria exclaimed, her eyes wide like a deer caught in headlights.