The Sweetest Kiss

Hey there, I've come with a juicy chapter update but first, I have good news! So I have been nominated for another online award and I need your help! Unfortunately, rules weren't clear and I had no idea that I needed my readers to vote, so I'm hundreds of votes behind!!! Please help me catch up! It only takes 1 minute to vote, and you can vote multiple times if you have multiple emails! Share it on social media and please ask your friends to vote! With your help, this trilogy could gain the attention of a publishing company and be the next big thing, but I can't do it without my readers! Let's show them what we can do!!!

Instructions: Click link and vote either by entering both your Twitter or email info. It takes 1 minute! You will need to know my Twitter or email to vote for me.

Twitter: CharlayMBooks
Email: CharlayMarieBooks@gmail.com

Vote here: http://thewriterawards.com

If you can't vote, comment your email and I'll vote for you! Please vote before you read on! Thanks so much!!!

I stood in the cold, wet basement below Wynn's house, listening to the sounds of water dripping from the leaky pipes lining the ceiling

I stood in the cold, wet basement below Wynn's house, listening to the sounds of water dripping from the leaky pipes lining the ceiling. Syn had disappeared behind a dark curtain, and I could hear her sliding something heavy against the stone floor.

The curtains moved, and Syn reappeared with a large, white ice box. "She said one should be enough. Help me carry it."

I nodded and went to her side, lifting the box up. We then took to the stairs, slowly climbing them until we reached the kitchen. Carefully sitting the box down, we opened the lid. Inside lay bags of frozen greens, corn, peppers, peas, apples, bananas, pears, and meats. My stomach growled just looking at it.

I turned to look for the Prince, but he wasn't sitting in his usual spot. Frowning, I took to the living room only to find the front door cracked open. I walked toward the door, opening it a fraction and peeking outside.

Prince and Wynn stood together, talking quietly, as if they didn't want to be heard. The Prince was very close...too close for a royal and a common women to be casually talking. No, whatever they discussed was personal. My cheeks burned.

Did he know her, somehow? Had she been one of the many to share his bed when he traveled North? Whatever the case was, I dumbfounded.

No, I told myself. You don't get to think the worse possible scenario is happening! Ask him about it tonight. Leave it alone until then.

"I need your help." Syn's voiced pulled me out of my silent battle and I turned toward her with faked indifference.

"Sure." My voice was light as I rejoined her in the kitchen.