Untitled

ANYA

When our alone time was up, Sebastian pulled his lips away from mine and stood to his feet

When our alone time was up, Sebastian pulled his lips away from mine and stood to his feet. All too soon, like the ending of an amazing, winter day, did our sweet kisses end, leaving me feeling alone and confused. I grabbed onto his hand, pulling him downward until he collapsed on top of me
with a grunt and a mischievous smile. I smiled back, breathing in the cool air that surrounded his icy existence.

"Can't get enough of me, Anya?" he asked, nipping at my nose.

I giggled, enjoying the feeling of being happy and in love - feelings I'd suppressed for so long. But now, I felt free from the part of me that said I wasn't worthy of him, that it would never work, that he was evil. All of those thoughts vanished with each kiss, and each kiss was replaced by an overflowing since happiness. The Prince was mine; the very man who I thought once hated me. The future King was mine...

Future King...and that would make me future Queen. I stilled under the kiss he gently placed on my lips. The Prince's eyes lowered as he studied my face.

"I sense a change in you," he said, quickly sitting up as a look of panic washed away the last of his affection. "No, no. Don't you withdrawal from me, not when we've come so far."

"I'm not," I reassured him, placing a small smile onto my face. "I had the slightest thought that preoccupied me for a second."

"What was the thought?" he asked, and I sat up with a sigh. Might as well be honest with my emotions, especially since I admitted my love for him. We, at least, owed each other that much.

"Of being the future Queen." I mumbled.

My eyes stayed low, afraid to see what expression lay on his face. Did his brows furrow with inquisition? Did he gaze off in a deep thought? Did a small smirk paint his refined mouth structure? Even though I wondered, I still wouldn't meet his gaze.

"Does the possibility scare you?" was all he asked, and I found no sense of disgust in his tone, no form or reproach, only curiosity.

"It's such a huge responsibility to be a Queen; to say that it isn't an overwhelming thought would be a lie," I shrugged.

"Well don't you worry yourself with thoughts of being a Queen when we don't even know if we will even survive tomorrow. Our time is up. Wynn isn't finished with us, yet."

"Speaking of Wynn, I saw the two of you talking outside. About what?" The Prince stood at my question, his shoulders noticeably tightening.

"About our trip. I wanted to see if she'd reveal any truths to me if I had her alone. My tactic failed, as my questioning got me nowhere."

"Is that so." It wasn't a question I asked.

Jealousy began to boil inside of me, warming me from the inside out. I also felt like a Firelander. I didn't believe him, but so also wouldn't badger him for the truth. I'd just have to keep my eyes open and watch for signs. The last thing I needed was to deal with another Esmeralda. I could only hope that wasn't in the menu!

"Yes. Now let's go."

Time would only tell.

***
Sorry for such a short chapter!!! I am actually on hiatus for a while as Im trying to publish White Fire!! I'm not sure when I'll come back to this story, but I'm the mean time, please enjoy Blue City, as I'll be adding new chapters! Today, I'll also be putting out a fun story to keep you all content until I go back to writing White Force! I'm going for another Watty Award this year! Thanks for the support and all that you do! I'd be nothing without you! ❤❤