Chapter 1: Alex

I'd finally done it- amazingly. I'd gotten a boyfriend-his name is Damien. I had started to think it wouldn't happen. It had taken nearly a whole semester- which had beaten my record of almost two years- but I'd done it. Said boyfriend was cute and fun and cool, but was also currently running late for our movie date that we had planned weeks in advance- not cool.

I haven't known him for long so I hope he won't cancel- that'd be the worst. I'm dressed too cute for him to cancel on me now- and I like him, but that's not the point here. I'm wearing my best red knitted sweater and black jeans- and converse, of course. I'd actually gotten my too messy hair to lay down somewhat flat and I'm feeling super good. Except for the fact my date is already 20 minutes late- ugh.

I could hear my roommate Sam jamming out to very loud music so I decide to grab my phone and headphones and listen to music while I wait. I sit down on my paisley printed bed-Sam made fun of me for my choice in decorations for the longest time- and turn on my playlist labeled "Date night"- I'm sure Sam is sick of hearing it ever time I get ready for a date, but he hasn't complained yet- in hopes it would help keep me pumped up, but with every passing minute I was getting more and more worried he forgot or just wasn't going to show- wouldn't be the first time, but I really like him and have faith he wouldn't just do that.

45 minutes after our original agreed meeting time there's a nock at the door with Damien behind it-finally! I hurriedly grab my room key and my wallet on my way out the door. With a small nod to Sam, that I'm not sure he completely registered, I shut the door and smile up at my date-he looked super great.

Damien is at least half a foot taller then I am- which isn't surprising. Most guys are. Sam is closer to a foot taller then I am- and at least three times as muscular- nice. He was dressed up too- that makes me feel better.

"Sorry it took so long. I had something to do," Damien says as we start walking.

"That's okay," I say lacing my fingers with his "at least you showed up. That's what counts."

We make our way to the movie theater down the block. Just barely making it in before the movie started. I usually like to be there at least ten minutes early, but not much to do about it now- plus I can't stay mad at such a cute date.

We settle down in our seats and I feel Damien put his arm around my shoulder. I smile to myself and lean into him. Soon the lights dim and the movie starts, but I don't pay much attention to it. Most of my attention on my date and his reactions to the movie- he's quite cute. Kinda like Sam when he.. urr. No, not thinking about him today. No sir. In the end it was a pretty good date.