chapter 23: Alex (final)

I lay sprawled on my bed and try my hardest to focus on the textbook set in front of me, it's quite hard when Sam is laying next me. Currently he was tracing small patterns on my hand and wrist.

      I look up from the book and watch him for a while. He was looking intently at the pattern he was drawing. I catch his eye and he gives me a small grin. I lean down and give Sam a kiss. I decide to close the textbook, I was never going to get anything done with Sam right there, and drop it in the ground beside my bed. Technically it was Sams bed but over the past semester we had switched beds and slept together so often that they were both our beds.

      Sam breaks the kiss and pulls me closer.

"Are you going to let me sleep with you tonight, hot stuff?" Sam asks making go red.

"O-of course."

"Do I get at least get half the bed this time? It is our last time in this bed before summer," he asks burying his head into the crook of my neck.

"I always give you half the bed!" I say leaning a little away from Sam so I could see his face.

"Alex, I love you. But you are the worst bed hog I've ever met," Sam says giving me a pointed look before pulling me closer to him again.

"Well if it's such a problem then you can go sleep in your own bed."

"This is my bed. Plus you're so warm and cuddly," he whines.

      I give in and snuggle against him. We had said it so many times that I couldn't count it if I tired, but every time Sam told me he loved me my heart seemed to skip a beat. In return I always peppered Sam in kisses and snuggles which always seemed to fluster him, not that he would ever admit that though.

"We'll have to see about getting a bigger bed then next year," I say against Sam's chest.

"Oh? Are you saying you're planning on making this sleeping arrangement permanent?" I can hear the grin on his voice and can't help myself from smiling a little.

"Hmm. That's a good question. Take it up with my boyfriend."

"He says he plans to make you a permanent part of his life. So I'd say that it's a yes."

      I reach up and give Sam another kiss before pulling the covers up to cover us. I never wanted to leave that spot. I wanted to spend the rest of eternity laying cuddled up to Sam, the man I loved. And I had a pretty good feeling that I would. I was never going to let Sam go. If it's up to me I'm going to make this man, my boyfriend, into my husband.